Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Cee's Share Your World - 2015 #34

This week I am linking up again to a blog hop at Cee's Share Your World - 2015 #34.  This week we are asked to answer some questions and to make a list.  See if you can come up with your own answers to the questions and link up to also.  While you are there, take a look to see how others have responded.

This week's questions

1.  Was school easy or difficult for you?  How so?

2.  What is your favorite animal?

3.  If you had to have your vision corrected, should you rather:  glasses or contacts?

4.  List:  Name at least five television shows (past or present) you enjoyed?

Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?

My answers

1.  Compared to some, I guess school was easy for me since I received good grades.  When I saw that I was not good at algebra, I dropped the class midway and took something else.  That was unfortunate, I learned later on, since taking any other math classes in high school depended on whether I'd completed algebra.  Also some science classes required a certain level of math classes.  In college, certain majors required certain math and science prerequisites.  So my major was determined by a much earlier decision I made when things got hard.  Due to the circumstances in my life at that earlier time, I still, in looking back, do not know what I could have done any differently.  I knew where the extra help for me was, but being able to avail myself of that help was out of my hands.  Although I received good grades, it wasn't without a lot of time spent on homework.  I knew that many of my classmates didn't have to spend the same amount of time doing some of the homework assignments.  Part of my problem was and still is that when I read, I read every word and often find myself rereading  lines more than once.  There is probably a name for that now, but at that time I don't think teachers were aware of it.

2.  My favorite farm animal probably is a goat, because they are so cute and entertaining.  Some of our children were in a 4-H club and had goats.  With the goats we experienced laughter, frustration and a few tears when one died due to a congenital disease.

3.  I wear glasses and have never had any desire to wear contacts.  I really don't like the idea of putting something in my eyes.

4.  Five past television shows I have enjoyed
I Love Lucy
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet
Father Knows Best
The Lone Ranger
The Twilight Zone

To respond to the bonus questions, I'd like to share my Ten Things of Thankful #114 post about last week.  What I have most looked forward to this week, has been being able to have one of our granddaughters spend a few days with us so her parents could tend to some important matters for a few days.





2 comments:

  1. I think I have seen all your tv shows except maybe Lone Ranger. Thanks for sharing this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to read my post. TV shows have changed so much.

      Delete