It has been a few weeks since I have linked up to Kristi Campbell's blog hop over at Finding Ninee. She has been moving to another state, but now we are once again able to do a bit a writing for her blog hop, Finish the Sentence Friday - Listicle - Ten things I've done that I can't/won't do again. Actually Kristi hosts along with Kenya G. Johnson of Sporadically Yours as co-host. The Listicle posts are one of my favorite writing challenges at this blog hop. Be sure to click the link to see how others have approached the writing challenge this week.
1. Ride in the open bed of a pickup truck. It is hard to believe that this was once considered a safe thing to do, in this day and age when seat belts are required to be worn inside vehicles.
2. Stand on my head. I never did this very well, even when I could do it.
3. Jog. While there are family members who embrace this activity, I could only do it for short distances, very short. After a recent test report, I now know not to do it. Walking is fine, jogging is not.
4. Travel while holding a white rat in a shoe box placed on my lap. That is a story for another time.
5. Have a conversation with my mother. She is in the late stages of Alzheimer's and cannot hear or speak much at all. Even writing with a large marking tool on my iPad is no longer as efficacious.
6. Try to sunbathe on the beach or anywhere else. I never was one to do much of this, but protecting my skin from the harm of the sun's rays is doctor's orders.
7. Sing a solo. As I remember, I have only sung one solo, and that was years ago. Now I don't even sing with a choir due to what seems to be an allergy related cough.
8. Get a permanent. My mother gave me a permanent when I was in the sixth grade. That was enough of that for me. I had slightly curly hair then, and the home permanent she gave me turned my curls into what would have been considered tight Orphan Annie curls. That was not the style then.
9. Walk on a balance beam that is four feet from the floor. Although I could trepidatiously do this once, you will not see me doing this on a YouTube video proving what an older lady can do, rather can't do.
10. Ride a bike. While I can still get on and off a stationary bike, it would be best to just walk alongside a bike outdoors, and what fun is that!