- How can a person switch from horizontal view to portrait view on the iPad?
- What is the procedure to send a document to a printer from an iPad by using the printer app?
- How can all the sources for an ancestor in your Ancestry.com tree be transferred to the same ancestor in your familysearch.org account?
- How do you take a screen shot on the iPad? Although I had only done this by accident a few times, I never knew exactly what I had done to take that screen shot. HaHa
- I also learned for the first time how to send a graphic document from my iPad using the printer app.
2. Finding a site that sells shoes that will be a comfortable fit for my husband’s feet
3. Measurable rainfall last night and this morning
We only had a trace of rain in June one day and then a heavy mist one morning in August. Perhaps the dream I had at the beginning of the week of the grass on our property turning green again will become more than just a dream.
4. Having a very low gutter on the back side of our home makes cleaning it a very easy job as well as a safe one which I was able to do a couple of days ago in anticipation of the rain that was forecast.
5. A package of very lean bacon
When someone brought us some fresh-picked green beans this week, I was able to buy this package of bacon at the store later that day. IMHO, nothing tastes better with green beans than some diced bacon pieces thrown into the pot with them. The BLT sandwiches are quick and easy and delicious too.
|Very lean bacon|
6. The sound of turkeys gobbling and a surprising adventure
Occasionally in the past we have had some wild turkeys go traipsing through our property, so when I heard their sounds off in the lower portion of our property, I decided to stop my watering of some shrubs to sneak up on them and take a photo. First I asked my husband to step out and listen to the sound to see if the sound we were hearing was that of wild turkeys. We both agreed that was what we were hearing, so off I went to try to sneak up on them. Image my surprise when I discovered the source of the sound wasn’t turkeys, but two grey squirrels which explains how quickly the sound was changing from one area to another, without any sound of the fluttering of wings. HaHa. Note: In the YouTube video link at about 1:24 and at about 6:46 the squirrel is making the sound that we thought sounded like turkeys.
|Living proof that we have seen|
turkeys here in the past
and that green grass can grow
with the help of some rainfall
7. Zoom meetings
Having the option of watching gatherings via Zoom or webcasts that I don’t feel safe to attend is a real blessing considering the rising cases of the Delta variant.
8. The clerk who carried a heavy, awkward package to our car from the FedEx location where it was being held
We had taken a luggage cart to use, but he was able to just carry it out of the store and to our car faster than it would have taken us to navigate the cart through the store. (Apparently FedEx doesn’t like driving up our lane, so we had to tell them to hold it at a nearby FedEx location.)
9. Hearing good news from different family members this week that Covid tests taken were negative
10. Feeling like I am kind of on a vacation when I receive wonderful photos via text messages
This week I was in Alaska via photos sent with a text message.
An extra thankful for my husband, our family, and our friends