1. Finishing a goal that seemed almost insurmountable when I started it earlier this fall
2. Finishing an audible book, but already missing hearing about all the humorous things that happened when the author was living on a ranch
3. Participating with our children in creating a collaborated Spotify playlist that we could each listen to on Thanksgiving Day when we were not going to be able to be together because of COVID-19 restrictions (A big thank you to one of our daughters for coming up with the idea)
4. Being able to read so many #givethanks posts by others on Facebook this week
5. Receiving a surprise delivery of a bouquet of flowers the day before Thanksgiving to brighten and cheer us
|Mixed bouquet of flowers in a vase that belonged to my grandmother|
6. Being able to visit with our children via Zoom on Thanksgiving Day
7. Having a spare pair of glasses to use when the lens fell out of my glasses on Thanksgiving Day
8. Having Thanksgiving Day dinner leftovers to enjoy, including eating pie for breakfast the next morning
Do you ever eat pie for breakfast?
9. Receiving a text that “maybe” someone left something on our doorstep (Thankfully a note with the items did identify the giver.)
This was the end product of one of the items. The pomegranate was the largest one I had ever seen and produced almost three cups of arils. I like to use them as topping on green salads.
|Freezer bag full of pomegranate arils|
Do you like pomegranates? What is your favorite way to use them?
10. Vic and our family who make me feel loved, who make me laugh and who make this life so much better than it would be without them