As I have considered the events of this week, my eyes turned to the scripture at the top of my blog banner. In the past as I have read Ecclesiastes 3 and have thought of the various phrases, in my mind the commas represented a period of time, time to catch one’s breath, or heal, or time to grasp the magnitude of an event, etc. I thought as the time being in weeks, months, or even years in some instances.
Lately I am seeing more clearing that the commas are more like a gasp that leads me to question my emotional flexibility where one is able to express happiness and really feel it when someone is having one their happiest moments ever, but fifteen minutes later be mourning with someone over the loss of their loved one from COVID-19. Is that what it means to be able to live in the moment? Perhaps.
So as I share this post of Ten Things of Thankful, I hope that you will understand that these are just moments remembered. Thanks, Kristi of Thankful Me for hosting the Ten Things of Thankful Blog Hop and for fellow co-hosts.
1. Blue skies with big fluffy white clouds to break up the week otherwise filled with skies resembling the kind that winter brings
|Blue sky dotted with white cumulous-like clouds|
2. Phone calls made and received that bring laughter about humorous situations as well as those calls that bring a deeper understanding of what others might be suffering
3. The attempts of people from all walks of life to reach out to help in whatever way they can to help
4. The huge outpouring of volunteers who lined up to get packets of materials to sew masks for the hospital
5. Comfort food
6. Exercising by dancing by myself to some music reminiscent of some that was played when I was in high school all the while fixing dinner one night (sorry no photos here - HaHa)
7. The return of the resident lizards
|An adult fence lizard (if only it could do a little weeding)|
8. The return of half the herd of deer who had been missing for a week, perhaps “sheltering in place”
9. Music that brings back memories of concerts in which one of our daughters participated
10. A Zoom conference arranged by our son so we could have some face-to-face time with him and his sisters
11. Vic for being here with me
I realize he doesn’t have much choice in the matter considering that we need to stay home except for shopping for essential items (groceries and prescriptions) but I am thankful he is here.
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter