Sunday, March 8, 2020

Ten Things of Thankful

Moving the clocks ahead by one hour  did get me up sooner this morning, however I need new spark plugs in this body to get me linking my TToT a little sooner. Here are some of the thoughts and memories that resonated with me this week. I am linking my post to the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop hosted by Kristi of Thankful Me. At the bottom of this page you can see the links to those who are co-hosts.




1. The home project is completed and now we feel much safer navigating the walkway.

New railing

2. The weather was nice on the days the workers were here, so they were able to do any sawing that needed to done outside the house instead of inside.

3. It has been fun working with Vic on a family history project. He is doing the hard work of cleaning up old photos to post on a private FaceBook page for family members. My involvement has been more in the way of providing information from sources I have added to our family trees online at family history sites. An example of this  would be, "Where were they living in 1924?"

4. This week we watched an old DVD Vic made of a family reunion we attended years ago. There is nothing like watching family members who are no longer on this earth and being able to hear them speaking, smiling, and laughing via a DVD.

5. I love the splash of color provided by the forsythia that is now in bloom.


Forsythia in bloom

6. Although it was a tossup as to what the weather was going to provide from day to day, or even hour to hour this week, there were some gorgeous sunsets on some of those days.

7. Being able to share almost instantaneously with my brother something my mother had written about a special occasion in my brother's life not only made me feel happy, but brightened his day too.

8. The Ten Things of Thankful blog hop has helped me to focus on blessings in my life, not only those mentioned here but also those unexpressed here.

9. In this hurried world in which we live, I am thankful for time to do what brings me joy and the for the joy that comes from helping others.

10. I am thankful for times of stillness.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. YAY for a safer walkway with a railing.

    I love that splash of color. It really stands out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Staying safe is important.

      Yellow is a great springtime color get our attention after those months of winter.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad the railing is done! You now have my permission to go up there again. :-)
    Your flowers are ahead of mine. My forsythias are no where near that stage yet.
    I'm enjoying the family history projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flowers have a white topping this morning.
      Permission taken. :-)

      Delete
  3. Yay for safety and finished projects! And for photographic memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photographic memories are the best especially when accompanied by their voices.

      Delete