For instance, this week when I was driving to pick up a friend, I was hearing a sound which I thought was coming from my air vents. (A year or so ago, we had a problem with some mice getting into our car via the air vents.) My thought was, Oh, no. Here we go again. When I got to my friends house and I turned off the car, I no longer heard the suspect sound. Later as I was returning home I realized that the sound was not from mice moving around, but from the styrofoam blocks jostling inside a large plastic bag in the back of my car. I was planning to take them to a collection center the next day. Whew, what a relief, and it was definitely worth a good laugh and a lot of gratitude for no mice in the car!
Here are my Ten Things of Thankful for this week. Thanks to Kristi of Thankful Me, we have a central place to link our posts for this blog hop. Click the link and you will be able to quickly traverse across the internet to read the other bloggers' TToT posts.
1. Being able to access online the most viewed speeches from the university some of our children and grandchildren attended (I didn’t know that there was a link to find a list of the talks starting with the most viewed.)
2. Podcasts that mention something that I find interesting (See #1)
3. Being invited to attend an activity of playing some games with a group of young teenage girls who wanted to get to know the older people in our congregation at church. A couple of the girls even made the delicious desserts that were served. I especially enjoyed getting to know a little more about these young women. Sometimes when people get older and all their children and their families do not live nearby, it is nice to be invited to an activity like this.
4. Making significant progress in a cleanup project (think major spring cleaning in one section of the house)
5. A phone call telling us that everything is on schedule for getting our new siding and windows
6. Paint chips
The photo doesn't depict the colors on these paint chips as well as I had hoped. At this point in time, I think we are going to choose Malted Milk. The chip in the photo looks like it is kind of gray, but it really appears as a very light cocoa color.
|Three paint chip cards spread|
out in my hand like playing cards.
7. Being able to learn the identity of a yellow flower (actually a noxious weed) that has made its appearance on our property
If the green leaves spread out around the flower were yellow like the blossom, they would resemble the rays of the sun.
|Holding the blossom of the weed,|
Western Salsify or Goat's Beard;
also known as Yellow Salsify
or Oyster Plant
8. Having a calendar app that now has all our events on it
As strange as it may seem, I had still been referring to a calendar hanging on the wall, and/or a small calendar booklet in my purse. Sometimes I would add something to the one in my purse and then not remember to add it to the calendar on the wall, or vice versa. I think you get why this might be problematic. I will probably still add events on the paper calendar for the benefit of the other person in this family who does not have a calendar app.
9. Being needed and my husband and I being able to help
10. Garden nurseries filled with all sorts of flowers in bloom
with the added advantage that most of plants are set on tables which are at a height that doesn’t require one to squat down or bend over very far to smell the flowers
|A beautiful sunset this past week|