Thursday, May 2, 2019

SSS - Stable

Thanks to Denise of Girlie on the Edge's Blog, the link is open for this week's blog hop Six Sentence Stories - Stable. I appreciate how reliable she is in attending to her commitment as host of this long-time blog hop and always coming up with new cues. Click the link to read more about how you can add your six sentence stories and also so you can read the other six sentence stories written this week.



Ma, I think for the good of this community I best become a member, come hell or high water. Things are just getting out of hand, and with more locals coming to the aid of the police, the faster the scoundrels will receive their due reward. Not only that, we need to look after our own, and the A. H. T. A. does a good job of that. After all, my own brother just had his horse stolen from the livery stable last week.

I suppose the next thing you will be wanting is an automobile so you can chase them down quicker.

Now. . .that's a lulu of an idea, Ma!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm certainly glad it became more than just an idea. :-)

      Delete
  2. I love the word lulu, it reminds me of an Aunt who used it to discribe most everything she didn't believe, and I loved the singer Lulu too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go visit Youtube to listen to some of the songs Lulu sang. Thanks for the reminder. What a beautiful voice.

      Delete
  3. What a strange time that must have been, the cusp of the mechanized era. I wonder, were cars odd-shaped horses to the people when first they arrived on the scene...surely not any smaller a culture gap than in the stories of first contact with tribes in Borneo or the upper Amazon.
    Nice, thought-provoking Six

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life on the prairie wasn't as quiet as one would have thought, and bringing in the automobile must have stirred up the neighborhood even more.

      Delete
  4. Every new idea is worth scoffing until it is accepted. Excellent story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an original 6! Excellent!
    I echo the sentiment in Clark's comment - what a leap to be made from travel by animal to motorized vehicle. There are times I'd love to be a time traveler :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. I think being a time traveler would open our eyes of understanding, but I think I would want that door to remain open so I could return to the present day whenever I wanted.

      Delete
  6. My great aunt used to tell me stories about when she was a girl and rode a horse to school. What a transition it must have been to go from that to driving a car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now look where we're at with modern life. Great six.

    ReplyDelete