1. Monday I had a luncheon date with a friend. I've gotten to know her a little at church, but hello and how are you in the hall or after a meeting doesn't allow one enough time to get to know someone. It was good to visit with her over lunch.
2. A roofer came on Tuesday and fixed the leak in our roof we discovered last weekend. It wasn't raining when he came, so we were only able to show him where it had been leaking in the house. He thought that he fixed the problem. YEAH! (On a side note, heavy rains came again yesterday. The leak started in again in the same spot, so I guess I'll have repeat thankful for my TTOT next week after it gets fixed again.)
3. My husband and I went to see Bridge of Spies on Thursday. That is a great movie! We are huge Tom Hanks and Steven Speilberg fans. There is a line from this movie that kind of sticks with you and made me laugh as it was repeated throughout the movie.
4. Friday I went to another accordion concert at the nursing center with my Mom. There were lots of smiles on the residents' faces as they listened to the peppy music from yesteryear. It always brings me joy to see Mom smile.
5. My husband and I bought a starfruit (also known as a carambola) at the grocery store this week. We've never eaten one. That will be our snack tonight. It is fun to try something new, and thanks to youtube I know how to cut it. Have you tried eating a starfruit? Did you like it?
6. I'm thankful for things that make me laugh, like a huge fish, maybe a salmon, on the ground along the road near a busy intersection on the outskirts of town. Normally there are panhandlers standing near this spot, but there were none there at that time. It made me wonder though if someone had given them an uncooked fish???
7. I mentioned last week that I have a begonia that was beginning to bloom, but apparently it has the last laugh. I was hoping to share a photo of the large blossom this week. It isn't the kind of bloom I was expecting, but I've grown to like it. I'm not sure what kind of begonia this is.
|The petite blossom is very pretty.|
8. I was recognized as Author of the Week at Julia's 100 Word Challenge for Grown Ups on Nov. 2, 2015. This is such a fun blog hop which encourages the writer (age 16 or over) to tell a story in exactly 100 words using the prompt.
9. Attending the wedding reception of a neighbor and seeing the happiness of the bride and groom is always a joyful occasion. I'm so glad I was able to be there.
10. Popcorn! The love of popcorn goes a long ways back in this home, and my husband is the one who usually makes it. That's just our tradition. I can't eat very much of it, but not because I don't like it. It doesn't apparently like me too much, so I limit myself to a small bowl of it. Making it into caramel corn would taste even better.
I won't give this one a number, but I'm really thankful for my family, my church family, neighbors and friends (and that includes my blogger friends too). People need people.