But now I want to share those things I am so grateful for from this last week at the blog hop Ten Things of Thankful!
1. I went to my first Craft Fair of the season, but it was more of a dash in and out to see a friend. It is great to see all the various talents of others, and in this case it was the talents of those who attend a local senior center.
2. I'm thankful for dentists, and in particularly my dentist. Did you know that one needs to be careful when cleaning a grill with a wire brush? Sometimes a tiny bit of the brush might adhere to the grill and become embedded in the food. When the food is eaten the wire sometimes enters the gums or possibly makes its way to the stomach. This is not a good thing! Now that is not what happened to me. We don't really know the cause of the injury to my gum, but with a little repair via the laser, all is well. The dentist told me of other possible causes, such as something as simple as a hard nut cutting into the gum, or possibly a toothbrush bristle.
3. In our family we don't have to look far to discover those who have or are serving in the military. I'm very thankful for their service, and for the sacrifice of their families.
4. It has been wonderful to see all the encouraging words of support for those in other countries who have been so recently affected by the actions of others who have no regard for the sanctity of life. It seems it is no different now than in all the years this earth has been populated that where there is good, there is evil, and so the need is still here for people to stand up for what is right.
5. I continue to enjoy learning things I didn't know and use before, such as more shortcut features on the computer that make blogging so much quicker.
6. I'm thankful for those who serve in law enforcement and the fire departments. They do not have easy jobs and risk their lives to keep us as safe as possible.
7. One of our son-in-laws has another book just out. I'm thankful for the success he has achieved with his writing efforts. (Note: This entry has been edited, since the original post.)
8. I'm thankful for those of my family and friends who travel a lot, that they didn't have travel plans this past week that would have put them in harm's way. A friend was in one of the places just a few weeks ago.
9. I'm thankful for my husband and how he and I are able to keep one another amused by the frailties that come with getting older. Now mostly this applies to what we think the other has said, as opposed to what actually was said. It can be pretty funny at times.
10. Well, I'm going to close this post with an updated photo of my begonia. You may remember the other photos where I was amused by the very small blossom on my begonia that has never bloomed in all the years I have had it. Little did I know. It was not done, and I can tell now that it is still not done. It is going to show me all it's glory! Yes, I'm thankful for this little beauty.