Thursday, November 12, 2015

Cee's Compose Yourself Challenge: Week #6 Horizontal Lines and Horizons





This post is being linked to Cee's blog hop that is not only a challenge for the participants, but also an opportunity to learn more about taking better photos.  This week's challenge and lesson is about horizontal lines and horizons.  Click on CYC:  Week #6 Horizontal Lines and Horizons to see more about this challenge.

I use Photos on my Mac to crop photos and straighten when needed.  The camera I used to take all the photos, except for the desert photo was my old Canon Power Shot G6.  The desert photo was taken with a Nikon D80.

Original
Cropped to move the clouds and straightened the horizons 
Original (looked okay without editing)
Original (taken at Enchanted Forest in Oregon)
Cropped out the bottom portion of the photo
Original
Straightened so the pole wasn't tilted which also cropped the photo slightly
Original
Straightened the horizon which also cropped the photo slightly





2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Enchanted Forest. I might have to go one day. Wonderful entry. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a fun place to visit. I've only gone there with my children and grandchildren. It is on a hillside with trails leading from one exhibit or play feature to another.

      Delete