Monday, November 23, 2015

Share Your World - 2015 Week #47

This is one of my blog hop posts that I'm linking to Cee's Share Your World - 2015 Week #47.  I'm always curious as to what the questions will be each week.  Sometimes the questions are ones that I've never thought about, and make me think in a way I haven't done, such as #1.  Last week the fourth question was a rather question, but this week, we are being asked to respond with a list.

The letter S best describes me!

1.  In your native language which letter or character describes you best?  Why?  My native language is English.  The first letter that popped into my mind was the letter S.  I'm not sure why.  Here are some guesses though.  This letter has a soft open look.  I try to go with the flow of situations that arise, as long as they don't require me doing something that is totally against my beliefs, but I can go with the flow of allowing others to do what they wish as long as they are not doing harm to others or forcing others to do something against their will.  The word serendipity begins with this letter, and I enjoy serendipitous moments.  The word Savior begins with this letter, and I believe in Him.  The word senses begins with this letter, and I'm thankful for all the senses we have been given that we can more fully enjoy this world in which we live.  I'm beginning to think I can go on and on with this question, so I'd better move on to the next question.

2.  What is your greatest extravagance?  I've never thought of myself as being extravagant, so I guess, it would probably be indulging in some wonderful tasty dessert, like cheesecake.  When I asked my husband if he thought I was ever extravagant, he laughed like that was the funniest thing he'd ever heard, so I guess that finalizes it.  I am not extravagant.  He also didn't think ordering cheesecake counted as something extravagant, maybe because the pounds are going on me rather than on him.

3.  Do you prefer exercising your mind or your body?  How frequently do you do either?  It would have to be exercising my mind, but I do exercise my body too, just not as frequently.  I exercise my mind daily. Walking on the treadmill and riding the exercise bike daily doesn't seem to be as inviting.  I did do both today (before I read this blog hop challenge, so I'm off to a good start this week. :-)  I need to be better about doing the exercising of my body daily instead of just a few times a week.

4.  List at least 5 things that make you laugh.
*Listening to the laughter of babies
*Watching unusual antics of animals at play, i.e. squirrels trying to get to the bird feeders, although hunger rather than play is most likely the motivating force in this case



*Laughter that comes from hearing humorous real life experiences
*Old clips of Lucille Ball or Carol Burnett or youtube videos of Jeanne Robertson



*Remembering times I thought the words of songs were something different than what they actually were, i.e. "oh a tree in motion" instead of "poetry in motion"

Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?  See my newest post of Ten Things of Thankful I wrote this weekend.  It lists things for which I was grateful last week.  I'm looking forward this week to this season of Thanksgiving and seeing some of my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment