1. This week I received a cute handmade card from the youngest of my granddaughters. I'm thankful for grandchildren who share their creative talents with me.
2. My husband and I went to Talking Waters Garden twice this week, once by ourselves and the second time with some friends. It is such a great place to enjoy take photographs of birds, vegetation, and in my case a picture of a flaming dragonfly. I'm thankful for opportunities to enjoy beautiful places with my husband and with friends.
3. My mother had a dental appointment this week, so I drove to the nursing home and went with her in a transport van so I would be with her to reassure her during the transport. I really enjoyed visiting with the woman who was driving the van. We had some things in common, and were able to have a few good laughs during the trip. It felt so good just to have a hearty laugh. I'm thankful that my mother's ride and appointment went well. I'm thankful to be able to find things in common with others and to have a good laugh.
May God grant you always
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering Angel so nothing can harm you,
Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.4. Being able to witness long awaited dreams of others happen is a wonderful blessing, not only for them, but for others who share that happiness vicariously. I'm thankful that I was able to among friends today to share this joy.
5. I continue to be thankful for the things I am learning as I prepare posts for this blog, whether it be in finding out more about the history of a subject or in learning about people's experiences in other states and countries. I'm thankful to be reminded of how much people are more alike than they are different.
6. After a week of once again watching news showing people risking their lives to rescue and protect others who are in harms way, I continue to be thankful for their service. With the continued high temperatures in many areas, and wildfires blazing uncontrollably, many have done all they could to put out these fires at risk of injuring themselves.
7. I'm thankful for my husband's attentiveness and help when my body keeps trying to think it is old. We are doing a lot more sharing of responsibilities these days, and I especially appreciate that now.
8. Once a month I get together with some friends for lunch. I'm thankful for this monthly event. We try a different restaurant each time and catch up on what is going on in our lives.
9. I'm thankful for plants that truly remind me of when it is time for me to water them. I have a peace lily that never lets me forget. When it's leaves start to sag downward, I know it is time to get the watering can out, and most likely past time.
10. I'm thankful for garden produce some friends shared with us today. It is zucchini time here now, but I am one of those people who really like zucchini. It tasted delicious in the stir fry dish I made tonight. (There is a joke here about zucchini. Because of the abundance, people frequently try to give away the extra zucchini, so people joke about how they better leave their car doors locked or when they return to the car there might be some zucchini in it.)