|I'm thankful to be seeing these beautiful fall leaves. These are in Mt. Angel.|
Here goes. . .
1. We had our piano tuned on Monday. We skipped last year, but decided to get back on schedule since I'm playing more than I did last year. I'm thankful that there are people who have the ears and skills to do this.
2. Early in the week my husband received the results of the biopsy on what appeared to be a little spot of skin cancer on his arm. It was cancer, but it was just on one layer, and she was pretty sure that she got it all. There will be a follow up in January, but she is pretty sure there is no need to worry. I'm thankful for timely reminders of when it is time to get those yearly exams.
3. Tuesday I met for lunch at a restaurant with a few friends from church. We go to a different restaurant each month. It is always fun to get together.
4. Due to the warm fall dry fall we have been having, the box elder beetles are keeping me busy. Thanks to the old shop vac we have, I'm able to vacuum a lot of them from the large windows on the south side of the house where they love to accumulate in horrendous masses. Once the weather gets cool enough, they will go into hibernation and I'll be able to actually wash the windows! I'm thankful for a shop vac, truly a tool for all occasions.
5. I don't know if it was because of reaching up high with the vacuum hose several days in a row, or something else, but I managed to tax my back a bit this week, bringing on the Chronic Myofascial Pain I'd suffered from in my back for years until a medication was discovered that gave me relief. I've been taking the medication daily for a number of years without having the pain reappear. Anyway, when this little episode happened this week, I was praying it wouldn't last long. After about 24 hours of taking Tylenol and resting, the pain went away. This is a huge YEAH and a huge THANKFUL.
6. We've enjoyed eating fresh chard growing in our little planter box my husband built a couple of months ago. We love fresh chard, although I noticed we are sharing it with the little yellow lady beetles. We are thankful though that they left us with more than they take. And speaking of yummy food, I bought these very fresh eggs from a friend who lives year us.
7. I'm thankful that there are inspiring movies to see. My husband and I had another movie date. He chose the movie and didn't tell me what we were seeing until we got to the movie. We saw He Named Me Malala and then had dinner at a restaurant afterwards. It was a very nice evening out together.
8. Going along with #7, I'm thankful for the young people in the world who are doing wonderful, inspiring and courageous acts and are leading by not only being an example to their peers, but to the adults and those who should be their leaders.
9. Today I attended a family history fair and found it very helpful. I learned about a great free online tool called Tree Connect available at recordseek.com. For those who have a family tree at more than one site, i.e. familysearch.org and ancestry.com this tool makes it possible to very easily attach the sources from one tree to the other and vice versa. I haven't had a chance to work with this yet, but I'm really excited about trying it out.
10. I lastly I'm thankful for our family and their love for each other. I'm also thankful for this Ten Things of Thankful blog family, that even though we each have very different lives from one another, we are each trying to remember to recognize the many things for which we are grateful.