1. The sound of singing white-crowned sparrows in the trees
|A white-crowned sparrow sitting on a branch in one of our maple trees|
|A completely open white apple blossom surrounded by five buds with their outer curved petals of pink encasing the unopened blossoms|
3. A huge bee population that is visiting the blossoms on our apples trees!
4. The sugar water recipe that we use to make sure our hummingbird friends have sufficient to drink even though we have plenty of flowering natural habitation plants for them to visit as well
5. I'm still learning how to use my little camera and hadn't really used the continuous feature until this week. Since humming birds are a bit challenging to photograph, at least for me, I decided to try the continuous setting where it takes five photos in one shot. I also played around a bit more with zooming in to get a better in-focus picture. I just have to remember to watch my own progress and not compare my photos to that of my husband's photos.
6. A friend who texted me this week to let me know that a lazuli bunting had showed up at her place and she knew that I would enjoy seeing this beautiful little bird
Note: By the time I noticed I had a text message, the little bird had flown away.
7. Places to donate used, but still in good condition, clothing, that not longer fit us
8. Hard workers who came for a few days this week to clear out our bamboo except for a row to use as a screen between our property and the neighbors
9. My husband spotted an alligator lizard under a board this week on our property. Although I haven't seen it yet, I'm thankful it (or a relative) is still hanging out. I'm also thankful for my husband sharing his discoveries with me!
10. The rainy, cooler days that came right after the workers finished the bamboo clearing, because that weather change made it possible for my husband to do the burning that was necessary