Some views as seen through the lens of my camera brought me these thoughts of gratitude this week. (Be sure to click the link above to see what others are grateful for this week.)
1. I am thankful for things that remind me of the past, like old farm machinery and the labors of those who tilled the earth and planted and reaped the crops so those who lived before us could survive, that we might even be.
|Old tractors on display at the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival|
2. Snow covered mountain peaks are reminders that there is a better probability that the reservoirs will be full and there will be enough water for those at lower elevations this summer.
|Mt. Hood as seen behind a rows of trees, and a field of green grass with a white fence edging a broad field of red, yellow, white, and orange tulips|
3. I am thankful for those who accept those who are different from them and appreciate them for who they are, just as they are.
|A mass planting of reddish-orange tulips with one single yellow tulip among them|
4. Everyone needs a friend. I am thankful for those who are willing to be a friend and who are loyal friends.
|This is a black mouth cur that I met a few days ago. It is said that the dog in the book Old Yeller may have been a black mouth cur.|
5. Sometimes it is time to shed what is old, like old clothes that no longer fit. I am thankful that I am making time to do that.
|A fence lizard that appears to be shedding part of its skin on the right arm|
6. Inner beauty is not always as easily seen, but by paying attention to the how people act in their everyday lives, one can often discover their inner beauty. I am thankful for opportunities to discover the goodness in others.
|Yellow ruffle-petaled tulip with broad red stripes in the middle of each of the petals with the dark, almost black anthers and bright yellow stigma seen deep in the middle of the tulip|
7. I am thankful for discovering that newspapers.com has a newspaper called The St. Paul Journal (St. Paul, Kansas) in their database. I love the feature that allows me to attach articles to my ancestry.com tree.
8. I am thankful for all the exercise I got this week by just trying on old clothes to see if they still fit, and repeating those actions over and over again.
9. Watching young people, and older people share some of their talents tonight at a church activity was an enjoyable way to spend on hour. I am thankful for those who plan, prepare, and practice in order to bring enjoyment to others.
10. I am thankful for how my husband quietly did things here at home, and encouraged and allowed me to get away to go to a tulip festival with a friend this week.