Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Six Sentence Stories - Hatch

At first I thought the cue for this blog hop was a joke. Could it possibly be that a word we hear so often in the blog hopping world could be the one presented? Denise at Girlie on the Edge wasn't kidding after all it turns out. So this is it. Six Sentence Stories - Prompt. So click the link and see what other bloggers did with the word prompt in their six sentence stories. 

WELL, I'm not sure where  my focus was when I checked  to see what the prompt word was early in the week, but when I went to link up, I discovered that the joke was on me. The prompt word wasn't prompt after all. It is Six Sentence Stories - Hatch. So let's see what creative thing I can do to make my six sentence story still work. Feel free to laugh at my error. I did!





She wondered why he wanted to be so prompt that first day there. After all, they planned to be there, just the two of them, for a week celebrating her birthday and their 50th wedding anniversary, a month early, and there would be many days they could watch that phenomenal act of nature.

The night before arriving they stayed in Jackson Hole where they took time to browse in some of the tourist shops and visit the town square with the famous Antler Arch. Driving to the National Elk Refuge framed by the Teton Mountains was a must see early the next morning before continuing their journey.

The conversation during the drive from Jackson Hole to Yellowstone National Park was interjected a few times by him inquiring as to what time it was and how he would need to find the perfect site for setting up his tripod and camera before Old Faithful erupted. 

They made it was a half hour to spare, so she decided to walk down a boardwalk as he set up his camera gear, but then as she walked back toward him, she was shocked to see almost their entire family practically hatch out of nowhere approaching her singing  Happy Birthday!

10 comments:

  1. He managed to pull off a great plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done that before, got the prompt wrong. And I shared the wrong prompt with Val. We both published any way!! Good six on the fly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad I am not the only one to make that mistake. LOL
      "Good six on the fly..." HaHa

      Delete
  3. Nice recovery Pat👍
    You had me going at first! Thought I'd gotten off track lol. When I go into my dashboard there's all sorts of six sentence stuff and it does get a tad confusing at times😁
    But a nice story working in both words. A+ in the creative columm!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. Sorry that I had you going with my intro.

      Delete
  4. (referring to the previous Comment...) I enjoy your 'intros' they're an added treat to the Sixes. Even (or especially) with the shift prompt word/recovery of story occurrences.
    Good Six
    Good writing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was so glad I was able to "save" the SSS because I really didn't want to start over.

      Delete
  5. What a neat story. And what a setting for the celebrations. You hatched a fine six out of the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful place to celebrate and to share the entire week with the family. :-)

      Delete