Friday, June 4, 2021

Six Sentence Stories - Presence

How does one begin to write a story in only six sentences and why does one do that? In my case, it was because I discovered there was a blog hop that offered this minute writing exercise. It attracts writers who are just beginning to dabble in expressing their thoughts to those who have published books. So what is holding you back from giving it a try? I am linking my very short Six Sentence Stories - Presence to the link provided by our host, Denise of Girlie On The Edge's Blog.  


Pixabay



You will need to dig deeper, much deeper, before you’ll find it, the voice whispered.


What is it that I am  supposed to find? I don’t have a clue as to what I am even doing here after all these years.


That’s okay, you’ll know it when you discover it, and you  will thank me one day for allowing you to uncover it in the depths of the unknown.


Oh, all right, but can I stop for a while and maybe just go back to the way things were?


If my presence is annoying you, I can depart for a while, but I will return anytime you are ready.






17 comments:

  1. Intriguing. I like how the 'presence' seems to be a guiding yet undemanding love.
    Ford

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Ford says, intriguing. You've drawn me into the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It does sound like a mystery.

      Delete
  3. Conscience? Higher power? The self advocate of our being whose voice is always present but for our ability and/or willingness to hear and listen to it? I like this for the open interpretation of a thing we all take part in - asking the question(s) what is the meaning of it all (life)? (That, clearly, is spoken by one in an existential frame of mood today, lol)
    Thank you, Pat for a Six that offers infinite storyline possibility!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. I have so much to learn about the art of creating these these six sentence stories in a way that leaves things open for interpretation.

      Delete
  4. It's probably best to find whatever it is while one has the opportunity. Nice dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Sometimes the journey can be a lot longer if one doesn't take the opportunity when it comes.

      Delete
  5. The Muse comes knocking, with the help of a playful blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always catch us in. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the aimless sense of purpose. Nicely expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked this a lot because it's so mysterious and open to individual interpretation. And I really liked sentence #5 because it captures the hesitancy I think a lot of us feel when we're trying to muster the courage to change the status quo. A very good six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Leaving it open to individual interpretation was my goal.

      Delete