Friday, April 30, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful - Bookish Thankfuls

Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not, and who is the host of the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop planted a seed that perhaps there are times we might consider ten things, other than what we had experienced the previous week, etc. Her example was a list of ten books that had somehow impacted her life.  I am linking my Bookish Thankfuls to Ten Things of Thankful. 


Pixabay



Holy Bible

(My parents had asked me what I wanted for a gift to celebrate my graduation from high school, and I said, "my own Bible." Until then I had only had one of those little red Gideon New Testament, Psalms, and Proverbs pocket sized Bibles.)


Book of Mormon


As A Man Thinketh by James Allen


Cry My Beloved Country by Alan Paton


Wild Swans by Jung Chang


Corrie Ten Boom, Her Life,  Her Faith by Carole C. Carlson


Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis


The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas


A Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl


Leaves of Gold, An Anthology of Prayers, Memorable Phrases of Inspirational Verse and Prose Edited by Clyde Francis Lytle

(The first year of our marriage, my husband asked me what I wanted for a gift on one occasion, and this book was what I wanted and what he got me.) ❤️





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. I've read only the first one in your list, though I've heard of some of the other authors.
    I'd like to write my list of ten books in the near future, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your list too. 🙂

      Delete
  2. Cool TToT post

    ReplyDelete