Sunday, April 18, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

 It has been a busy week, but I enjoy pausing to review and consider some of those things for which I am thankful. Here is another post I am linking to the blog hop Ten Things of Thankful hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not.




1. Earlier this year I started a project to try to transfer an old cassette tape to another medium. One of our daughters had recorded some of her college experiences the beginning of her freshman year in college. She had not even turned 18 yet when she recorded it. My health got in the way of me completing the project as soon as I was expecting. Add to that the fact that I had a bit of a learning curve to tackle to learn exactly how to do that and make it available to her and to her siblings. This week I completed the project. I learned how to use Garage Band, how to edit out pauses, save it into an mp3 format and share it via Google Drive, thanks to YouTube and some advice from our kids. One even offered to do the whole thing for me, but I really wanted to learn how to do this as much as possible on my own. (Yes, in case you haven't guessed, I do have a bit of a stubborn streak.)

2. We found someone who seems to have the experience and business skills we are looking for as well as having a lawn/property business which is licensed and insured to help us do some of the things we have difficulty doing anymore. This is a relief to have finally made this decision.

3. I am thankful for the outside temperatures that are are ideal to my way of thinking, meaning not too hot and not too cold. The latter part of the week and the beginning of this coming week is filled with days like that.

4. The realization that if it were not for the voluminous amount of letters I wrote and received beginning over 40 years ago, my family history research would be considerably more confusing to unravel at this point in time when so many records have become available online and I realizing just how many people there are living in the same areas and time period that have the same names makes for a HUGE thankful to self! This week it was the unraveling of the Olives.

5. When a new baby is born healthy and the mom comes through the experience okay too and prayers are answered

6. When there are those within the extended family who have knowledge and training to possibly assist in answering questions and/or address emergencies that arise

7. Shorter grass/weeds thanks to a tractor with an attached large mower that reduces the task time considerably comparing to the old days of pushing a mower by hand

8. Although it seems that a descendant of the very annoying window pecking bluebird from last year has inherited the same behavior, it has a much lighter tap and seems to be giving up the habit much sooner. 

9. Because of being fully vaccinated now, I felt like I could venture out and attend church services in person today and not just Zoom it. Of course masks are still required and sitting socially distanced is required which I appreciate. Another plus today was that the hymns that were selected were ones in which the melody is in a lower range, ones that I find easier to sing now.

10. Vic, family and friends, always and forever  




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Daughter has been doing the computer church and I know she will be happy when her second vac is done and she can go back to the church building. She was going to sacrament at one of the Elder's homes, but that stopped with the return to physical church. In a way, I think she is getting used to computer church, but she is such a social butterfly that she misses the people. She does go to some activities with rules set by me. We're having life lessons in common sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting used to resuming what used to be normal activities after so many months of not being able to fully participate I think will take time for some people, especially considering that some people have moved and others have moved into the area.

      Delete