Saturday, January 9, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

Now's not the time to turn your back on jotting down some things for which you are thankful, even if the week may have made you want to turn around and give it another try. This is all the more reason to search deep down and pull out those thankfuls. I am linking mine up to the blog hop Ten Things of Thankful hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not.


Three alpacas facing away from the viewer
as they eat from pans on the floor

1. For historical records so we can be reminded of the rise and fall of governments and why


2. For COVID-19 vaccines beginning to be administered in more areas and more frequently 


3. For those in the US Capitol who helped those who serve the people of this country get to safe places this week when the building was stormed by intruders intent on destruction and mayhem


4. For discovering one of my orchids looks like it will have a blossom sometime this spring


5. For answer to prayers even when the answer came in a way not quite how I expected but I realized that was exactly the right answer


6. For finding out that our son got his first choice on an upcoming change in a responsibility


7. For discovering drum music that has such calming tones


8. For comfortable footwear


9. For children (with grown children of their own) who can laugh and realize that their mother will never forget the names of her babies when they see a maiden name instead of their married name on a Christmas check


10. For Vic who supports, commiserates, laughs, steps up to do tasks that are difficult for me to do, encourages, and continues to love me as we go through these interesting times together



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. like the drum music*

    Orchids have always been fascinating, as I understand that they bloom only after 18 years of care, pruning and the right food... but then, only for twenty-seven minutes sometime between midnight and sunrise.
    have the best week possible

    *how cool is this internet, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of a plant like that, but I didn't realize it was a variety of orchid. Fortunately the two orchids I have bloom more frequently than than. :-)

      Delete
  2. That is a cool drumming video. I added it to my playlist, thank you. We are watching a paperwhite grow and grow and grow. I bought it for Hans and he was so excited (a Dutch man whose father had a tulip business). It is all over the table and has a bud, but it is taking a good while to pop open. Amen on comfy footwear. I bought Hans a pair of slip on shoes of the same brand I have and he said the are the most comfortable shoes ever! He has plantar fasciitis and these help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paperwhites are so pretty. If you don't mind sharing, what brand of slipper do you like?

      Delete
  3. Don't turn your back - photo of the back end of alpacas - clever, Pat! Your list is wonderful, and #5 reminds me of a Garth Brooks song called "Unanswered Prayers" with the line, "some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers." He knows better than us what we need! Oh, and #8 may I recommend Allbirds! The most comfortable shoe I've ever worn in my life and worth the price. I've also bought some slightly used from Poshmark and not been disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the shoe recommendation. Paying a little more to get shoes your feet like is totally worth it. There were years when I was wanting to wear what was fashionable and my feet paid the price.

      Delete