Friday, January 15, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

Some early morning gratitude pondering from this week of living...

I am linking this post to the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not.


1. Beautiful sunrise


Brilliant pink and orange clouds against a blue sky with fir 
and oaks trees silhouetted in the foreground



2. Vic was able to get remove this large dead branch after its unsuccessful attempt to leave the tree one morning after a very stormy night.

No limbs had fallen on the lane before I left to run a couple of errands, but when I returned, this limb was hanging down from one of the oak trees and was blocking my way. Vic was able to use the tractor, some rope and a cable to complete the job and then push it off the lane. I am also thankful for a neighbor who was able to come down to give us a hand in removing some of the debris. Biggest thankful was that no one got hurt when the limb crashed to the ground.





3. We didn’t lose power during the storm.


4. Some clothes ordered online didn’t require altering.


5. When something mysteriously stopped working in the car this week, it was not being able to turn on the radio. One doesn't get stranded because a radio doesn't work! 


6. The countless hours of service so many are giving while risking their own lives in the process and for the sacrifices their families are making


7. We are going to be able to watch a movie tonight that is finally available for viewing in our country. We will be fixing some popcorn, of course! 


8. Old military hospital records recently made available online offered insight pertaining to a health challenge my Dad had throughout his life.


9. Thought provoking articles at a time when so many are questioning the sources and slants of the media are helpful and make me think, reconsider, and better understand how others may see and understand things differently.


10. This song sums up my love and gratitude for Vic and our family.



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

  1. enjoyed reading your TTOT tonight...(well early morning Saturday). I've been working on my family tree for a bit before turning in. Had Caiden most of the day today and night (while momma/dad worked), then they had a date night.

    What movie did you watch? We have been wanting to watch "Transport" but it's only on AppleTV and we have tried countless times to set up an account, but for whatever reason have been unsuccessful. (I suppose it will be for another time).

    I'm off to sleep...

    H2hsc2020/Nancy
    I did manage to work on my current junk journal for a bit before shifting gears of genealogy.

    Your photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed by all you are able to accomplish, Nancy.
      We haven't seen Transport. The movie we watched was the new Tom Hanks movie, News of the World. Very good!
      Glad you liked the photos. That sunrise was one of the most beautiful ones we have had recently.

      Delete
  2. What movie did you see? Lots of great things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. We watched News of the World, Tom Hanks'new movie.

      Delete
  3. Great gratefuls! I am so glad the non-functional part of your car was just the radio. I"m also so glad you didn't lose power during the storm. You certainly have a way of turning negatives into positives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There have been times when we have lost power due to downed power lines from storms and it certainly can be inconvenient, but at least we had shelter and extra blankets, some stored water, etc.

      Delete
  4. The sunrise is BEAUTIFUL! And I'm deeply moved by the song (#10).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That sunrise was definitely worth taking a photo. Glad you liked the song.

      Delete
  5. Good to have the proper equipment for dealing with nature-gone-awry. We've been lucky this year for a relatively small amount of broken tree pieces in the way.
    Good that it was only the radio, nowadays with everything being computerized and interconnected, that sounds like a relatively benign breakdown.
    Still trying to 'believe in' buying clothing online... not so convinced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As to the radio, I am going to wait to see if it just as mysteriously starts working again. When I looked to see what others said about our make of car and this problem, some were giving a variety of answers including that after a period of time the radio started working again. 🤔
      I am not one who buys many clothes online. In this case I gambled a bit going by what other buyers said about the sizing and whether it was true to size. I figured I might have to hem up the pants for my husband since I often need to do that even if I buy them in a store. I was so glad to discover no hemming would be required.

      Delete
  6. A beautiful list. You are right that the radio not working has no effect on getting the car to take you someplace, but i must admit i would not particularly like riding in silence all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just hum or sing to break the silence.

      Delete
  7. I went down a rabbit hole when I listened to the gorgeous duet in #10. Wow! They have amazing voices and so many great songs! Glad that branch didn't land on you or anyone else. I heard about the wild weather you were having up there. Oh, and if the radio doesn't work, then how do you turn it up to cover the strange noise coming from under the hood?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I discovered this father/daughter duo I looked to see if I could find them on Spotify and then saved many of their songs on my playlist. So far I haven't heard any strange noises coming from under the hood. I probably shouldn't even say that. HaHa

      Delete