Friday, January 10, 2020

Ten Things of Thankful

Flowers in mid-winter is enough to cheer anyone! Most of my Christmas cacti didn't bloom in full force at Thanksgiving and Christmas the past couple of months, but now have decided it is time to show their faces. With the sound of pounding rain and winds outside, it is nice to this delightful scene inside.



Christmas cactus with bright red
blossoms

Now that our Internet is back up, I can post my Ten Things of Thankful. Kristi of Thankful Me is our host and has been busy playing Grandma this past week, so I don't know if she will be linking up, but some of her co-hosts (Clark, Dyanne, Lisa and myself) will see that the link is opened so you can share those things that make you feel thankful. I cannot say enough good about this little practice of considering those things since there is a lot going on in the world that could drag a person down if you let it.






1. For experiences that bring enlightened understanding and clarity

2. For safe travel coming home from the temple one day this week when we were driving through  a squall

3. For a couple who came one evening to our home to watch a movie a movie with us

4. For my husband’s good report on a medical test he had done over two months ago (always a good sign, when there isn’t a phone call within days of a test)

5. Committee meetings where people can freely share ideas

6. For being jarred to do a couple of things that were on the calendar, but were overlooked on the day I’d scheduled to do them, but since I’d allowed a couple of grace days on my scheduling, I was still able to meet the deadlines

7. Listening to that thought that maybe I should go back and rephrase the question to the clerk one more time 
(Sometimes it pays to not accept the first answer. In this case the clerk called the customer support number and got the “real” answer.)

8. For the first step taken toward achieving a goal within our home this year

9. For being able to move quickly backwards and out of the way when I released the treadmill lever to lower the treadmill deck and it suddenly slammed down on the floor barely missing me (time to call a serviceman to see if this is even something for which a new part can be obtained)

10. For being able to start my year-long writing goal (going through my Mom’s journals and gleaning lessons from her life)



You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

10 comments:

  1. Many wonderful thankful things, and the medical test stands out to me. It's wonderful that the results are good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good medical reports are always welcome, always!

      Delete
  2. Yay for 4! 10 sounds interesting. Wonderful thankfuls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa.
      Number 10 will be a work of love.

      Delete
  3. Number 4 . surely the best medical test is that one that you say, "Test? which one? When did you say it was done?"
    Number 6 . I have to laugh at myself on this one... I use an online calendar (part of my email) for appointments but I also write, on a preceding day, Don't Forget the appointment coming up!!

    lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is too funny about number six. Very similar thinking.

      Delete
  4. Good reports on medical tests are always Great!
    I have cactus plant with flowers on my working table, my mini inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have considered getting one of those little mimi cactus plants. There certainly are a lot of them being sold in the stores.

      Delete
  5. I wasn't sure if I'd get a post linked up or not this week, but I managed to write one! Good news for Dad, and I'm glad you're working on getting that house project completed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you made it back safely. We had another guy come this morning to take a look at what we want done.

      Delete