Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Six Sentence Stories - Epic

I feel like my Ten Things of Thankful post this past weekend ended up being my epic fail today. Some of you may have seen it before I decided to try to take care of a weird background that was showing up on my post that WAS NOT there when I first posted. I have no idea what caused the problem, but I only made things worse when I went in to edit it. Since I do not have a photographic memory, what I originally posted is just GONE.

Now that I have vented a bit, I do have a post to link to the blog hop Six Sentence Stories - Epic. Thanks Denise, of Girlie on the Edge's Blog for continuing week after week to host this blog hop.



Placement was critical as was the intensity, but that came through practice, otherwise the end result might be an epic failure.

It was late, but she wanted to do as many drawings as possible, and she actually enjoyed this artistic venture even though she was a novice in such an attempt as this one.

As she turned her attention back to the quick sketch she had made in the classroom and then to the paper waiting for her final strokes, she took a deep slow breath and then lifted her pen.

Carefully she dipped the nib into the container of black India Ink, but as she lifted the pen to finish her drawing of a paramecium she had seen under the lens of the microscope, the worst thing possible happened.

As the too heavily loaded nib was ready to touch the paper, a splat of ink dropped and spread like a fast moving amoeba away from the fine penciled guide line, causing her to immediately feel what could only be described as despair knowing this paper would have to go into the trash.

She had been looking forward to wrapping up this project and then getting some sleep, but now she faced the realization that unless she wanted a lesser grade, she would be up until almost midnight, unless of course her next one met the same fate.

10 comments:

  1. Can't say I've had the experience, as art and drawing and such have never been 'a thing' for me. (Although, I did once draw a portrait on a tee shirt (college days, as if one wouldn't guess) and it came out better than it should. Fortunately, I was able to recognize luck and did not get tempted into trying the graphic arts.

    Guess the parallel in this world of words is... File Not Found

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is a bit of happenstance in artistic endeavors.

      Also, what appears to be "art" to one person leaves others shaking their heads.

      Delete
  2. I'm like Clark on this one. My drawing comes in fits and such. There are days I can draw, and then there are years I can't. It's odd. Good use of the cue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of creative endeavors are like that. . .days when you can and days when you can't.

      Delete
  3. Aah yes! Nibletting... epically painful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pain of that splash of ink just where you don't want it. Well told!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first paint-by-number painting was of a parrot. I discovered my paint brush had too much paint on it when I went to paint the parrot's beak and I watched the parrot's beak grow to an extremely long length. HaHa

      Delete
  5. We've all had such experiences. It's an awful feeling to realize how close and then! so very far. Now, many more hours because of a thing so minor, with such a low probability of happening. Deflating! And no doubt, very tiring.
    Nicely written :D

    ReplyDelete