Saturday, January 4, 2020

Ten Things of Thankful

The host of the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop is stepping away from here for a short while, because she is giving some extra attention to her grandchildren. That is their gain, and our loss, but she will check in as soon as she is able. We hope Kristi of Thankful Me is having a grand time with the little ones.

In the meantime, her co-hosts, Clark, Dyanne, Lisa and myself are here to make sure the link is open and you are able to post the ten things that made you feel grateful this past week. . . or longer. We also tend to carry on a conversation in the comments section of the blogs, because often as we read the posts, we just visualize carrying on a conversation with the bloggers in our living rooms, or maybe at the beach in another season. We seem to gain a blogging family. You are invited to post your ten things of thankful on your blog, link up to this blog hop and become part of the family.




1. Screen time learning
Sometimes with the updates, it seems it isn't as easy to locate things. Of course the data is still there, but perhaps called by a different name, and accessing the info is in a different place on the screen.
Other times, there are the aha moments like when I was working on Ancestry.com and I felt like I'd entered a certain person into my family tree already. Well come to find out that person was already in the family because he was the ancestor to a different great grandchild. After a little visit with "Mr. Google," I found out how and where to do the merge of the identical individuals.
The most challenging and frustrating screen time situation for me this week was getting my new Fitbit tracker set up. (I lost my old one in October when it fell off my wrist at a cemetery, and I didn't know that it was missing till later.) It doesn't work with my phone's most recent update, but it does work with my iPad. There is more to this story, but in the end, I was able to do what needed to be done. It just stretched my mind and patience.

2. Discovering a second cousin once removed has recently started a blog called My Contagious Life
While at this point she is not participating in blog hops, I am loving reading her story and what brought her to this point in her life.

3. Friends coming over for dinner and conversation

4. Finding an old recipe I'd clipped from a newspaper. . . so long ago that the newspaper had turned brown
Like many recipes I have clipped in the past, not all of them made it to the "make it" stage. This week I tried this one out! For lasagna lovers and sports fans, this might be one to consider. What I liked about it was having the lasagna taste, but instead of using lasagna pasta, you substitute frozen beef ravioli. So much easier.

Lasagna recipe that uses frozen beef ravioli in place of lasagna pasta


Note: For those of you who read my TToT, today (1/7/20) I noticed something weird about the background color from the recipe on down the page. When I went in to fix it in the way I normally would have taken care of that kind of problem, I completely wiped out the remaining TToT. If you are wondering. . .no I didn't copy it before trying to make the change. I'd copied the caption to the recipe, but that was all. There is a first time for everything.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. compliments to your husband for the plumbing repair, its bad enough that it requires skills, but then to make it necessary to lay on your back, bend your head at 55 degrees and apply force from extended fingers... lol ayiiee
    I enjoy the kindle where we have our family library (the bookcases are on the lower level waiting for us.
    Pianos surely can be aerobics for the fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really visualized the plumbing situation quite well!
      Yes there are bookshelves filled with books waiting here too, and easy to reach. The audible is great for those times I really need to double task. The down side is not being able to immediately mark a passage, unless I take a break to click on the book, find the passage and mark it.
      "aerobics for the fingers" :-)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful list! I now want lasagna! Music and reading and positive plumbing experiences are all good, as well as company and safe travels for Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dyanne. If you make the lasagna, remember to add the shredded cheese at the right time. Although the lasagna tasted good, I almost completely forgot to add the shredded cheese. It is supposed to be added before adding the liquid mixture. Instead I put what I thought was the finished product into the oven where it had been baking for a few minutes before I remembered. . . Oh, yeah! I forgot to add the cheese, so I just sprinkled it on top.

      Delete
  3. The nice thing about the TToT is that the number 10 is a suggestion, not a hard-and-fast rule, so even though six of your things disappeared, it's OK (except for the fact that it is frustrating to you, of course).

    ReplyDelete