Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Six Sentence Stories - Shed

Have you ever written a blog post but missed the time to link it to a blog hop. I have. This post as it was originally written was meant to be linked to #FOWC with Fandango or Fandango's One Word Challenge. The prompt word was skedaddle. I missed the link up time because of a trip we took. When I saw the new prompt for the Six Sentence Stories blog hop, I knew that with very little revising, I could make my original post work for the Six Sentence Stories - Shed instead. This is not a new concept, but I'm always glad for a quick fix.   Thanks Denise for providing these weekly prompts at Girlie on the Edge. Hop on over to her site to read some other stories written with only six sentences.






Skedaddle, exclaimed Susana. If you want to help, why don't you go to the shed and see if the chickens laid any more eggs in there. Now don't look so addlepated. Scram, but put on your galoshes first so your new patent leather shoes stay looking spic-and-span.

Oh, fiddle-fiddle, said Nancy Ann under her breath as she heard the screen door slam harder than she had intended. Just before she could grab her galoshes where she'd left them on the porch steps, Bowser snatched one and ran through the biggest mud puddle he could find!

15 comments:

  1. Ugh, isn't that what so often happens. Her new shoes will be muddies trying to retrieve the boot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they will be, and will need time to dry out!

      Delete
  2. Cute story. That sounds like something that would have happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs like to play and anything within reach is fair game, especially if they are puppies or think they are.

      Delete
  3. See where sass gets you? I imagine they are getting ready to go somewhere, church or a party, I suppose (new patent leather shoes), but there are always the morning chores to be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Sass, even if not heard by anyone, reaps its own reward upon the speaker. Overlooking a chore whether intended or not can backfire in unexpected ways.

      Delete
  4. Cute story! I have ruined many a pair of shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids wouldn't be kids if they hadn't had at least one experience of ruining their shoes.

      Delete
  5. Young or old, there are times, when resistant to common sense, we pay an unpleasant price!
    Enjoyable and educational 6, Pat, as I had to look up the word "addlepated". Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess for some of us, sense isn't common until we've had to learn the hard way. I'm glad you enjoyed my SSS. Addlepated is unusual sounding word.

      Delete
  6. loved the patios*
    how much of a time/culture is contained in the words and idioms and such... (you know I've got to go and find the etymology of 'addlepated'
    Fun Six

    *lol sorry, spellcheck insists the word is patios, not patois Its amazing that it let you type out your Six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you sent me to the dictionary, with your word patois. :-) I agree that sometimes spellcheck can be a little contrary.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Zoe, I deleted the comment before reading this one. Now I realize that maybe you were the commenter in the one above this and were just correcting your comment in this one. Anyway, I like the idea that it is "homey" better than the first. LOL

      Delete