Friday, June 15, 2018

Finish the Sentence Friday - Stream of Consciousness - Move

It is that time to reflect for five minutes and write those things that come into your mind. This is Finish the Sentence Friday - Stream of Consciousness - Move. Kristi Campbell of Finding Ninee, who is having a "moving" experience, provided us with the prompt word for this blog hop. The co-host is Kenya G. Johnson of Sporadically Yours. Click on the link to read about Kristi's "moving" experience, and while you are there check out the reflections of other bloggers.


In the evening as the sun is beginning to set it is a relaxing time to move about outdoors. The cool breeze against my skin is welcome after having finished being in the kitchen. With camera in hand, I walk carefully through the grasses and  weeds and watch out for gopher holes that might cause a sudden downfall of my body. Wildflowers and native plants in bloom wait for me to take their pictures.

White Shasta daises blossoms with their orange centers
White Ocean spray blossoms

White Himalayan blackberry blossoms

The sound of a chain saw can be heard in the distance. I decide to walk down the road a little ways. A neighbor is sawing around the fence and the tree where there was an accident that took the life of a young man when his vehicle hit a cherry tree earlier this week. As I walk further up the road somehow the sounds of birds chirping relax my mind and calm my heart somewhat as I ponder the mourning of the deceased's family and friends. I hope the sounds of nature do that for them too as they consider the words of consolation and prayers offered by others.

The snow-capped mountain peak off in the distance isn't as visible as I was hoping this evening, due to the haze. I'll try to get a photo another day.

As I enter the house once again, I feel warm from the exertion, but glad that I chose to take an evening walk.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry there was a fatal accident right near your home. When tragedy hits so close, it's impossible not to wonder about the family and friends and their grief and experience it ourselves a bit too. Maybe a human reminder of empathy. I love the photos of the flowers - daisies blooming always make me smile. So glad you joined!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristi. It was fortunate that I did not witness the accident as the car burst into flames upon impact, and it was impossible to retrieve the driver by the time someone arrived. Just knowing that, after the fact, affected me deeply.

      Delete
  2. SO much of the beauty and the sorrow wrapped up in this five minutes. Moving through it all is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once upon a time I used to go for walks for blog thoughts. Very often I would come back with something to write. That's a great "two-fer" - two for one benefits walking/writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking kind of clears the mind of "stuff" in order to let new ideas emerge, or to allow peace to enter in.

      Delete
  4. Summer evening walks are a small piece of heaven. And the flowers are begging to be photographed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To experience a small piece of heaven at any time is a great blessing.

      Delete
  5. Oh how tragic! I hope the family is eventually able to find peace in the serenity of the outdoors, as you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that for them too. I've also thought about those who come to try to rescue and see horrific scenes such as this and be unable to rescue the person inside.

      Delete
  6. I am sorry to hear that such a terrible accident happened in your neighborhood. Such things have a way of making us all too aware of how fragile all of this is--right in the midst of where we go about the banalities of our lives. I think the piece did a beautiful job of wrapping up that sadness and uncertainty in such a recognizably peaceful and calm life experience...it really captured the jarringness of such a thing. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hillary. I needed to walk and to write. Both were helpful to me.

      Delete