Thursday, June 14, 2018

Six Sentence Stories - Investigate

This blog hop prompt was a personal challenge to see if it was possible for me to write a six sentence story without lengthening the sentences like this one. Denise of Girlie on the Edge didn't urge me to tackle my personal challenge, but she did provide the cue, Six Sentence Stories - Investigate. Click the link and see what other bloggers are sharing this time. You will find an assortment of writing styles. You can almost count on that.  


The tracks were confusing to say the least.

Impressions were left by a sure-footed being.

Maybe she went west, or did she go east?

Could it be that one leg torqued while she was fleeing?

There was no sign of her being released.

He must investigate this clue he was seeing.


Footprints in the snow

14 comments:

  1. That's great! I want to challenge myself to write a short sentence story too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes with the SSS I tend to ramble on in order to get the story out there. I have nothing against writing or reading stories written that way, but I wanted to challenge myself to try something different.

      Delete
  2. Who is she?? You've written a very mysterious Six Sentence Story Pat! I'm thinking we may need a follow up to this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure footed beast. I like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had "sure-footed beast" at first, but then changed it to "being" to rhyme with "fleeing."
      Trying to imagine a beast wearing shoes was a little difficult to imagine, unless I borrow one from Grimm. LOL

      Delete
  4. This is fantastic, Pat. I toyed with the idea of a poem. What an interesting and inspiring photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, I'm with Val... most impressive (and, as always, enjoyable) Six Sentence Story....

    Not a poetry guy but there is such a compelling element of rhythm when done properly and, in this case, a most effect Six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clark. Although I know that rhyming poetry isn't written as often as it used to be, I still enjoy writing it once in a while.

      Delete
  6. Deliberate plant to mislead the investigator?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! The image is great, the mystery poem so fun. I got such a kick out of this.

    ReplyDelete