|November blue skies, but December mistletoe awaits|
1. The weather cooperated enough that much progress was made in getting the solar panels ready for installation.
2. Hubby and I met with some other empty nesters for lunch.
3. An invitation to see photos that our neighbors took of their recent trip to Ireland. It was fun be a part of their trip, though vicariously. I have a lot of Irish in me, but I've never visited Ireland.
4. A nice visit with two women from church who visit me or contact me monthly. If there is ever a need, they are ready to help out. Mostly, I just really enjoy their friendship and being able to share our lives with one another.
5. A nice lunch with some women from church. We tried out a new restaurant that lets you build your own pizza.
6. An invitation to visit a place where our son used to spend some time on camp outs when he was in Boy Scouts. The place is now under different ownership. We were able to walk on the property and see the progress they have made with the help of those knowledgeable individuals who have advised and helped them. Improvements are being made in tree farm restoration, upland prairie and oak restoration, floodplain restoration, improvement of the slough, etc. It was such a beautiful day, and being able to see and learn of the efforts of so many was indeed impressive. Our son loved this place, and I can certainly see why.
7. Learned a new craft at a church craft night. I'd never used a wood burning tool until this week. I found it to be quite fun.
8. Going up to listen to a gentleman play such wonderful music on the piano for those at the nursing home. I'm not sure how well Mom was able to hear the music, but I know that I thoroughly enjoyed it and she enjoyed having me there with her. This man is well up in years and can add rousing accompaniment to just a melody line. What a gift he has and what a great service he renders. He usually ends his hour of playing with some hymns, and "God Bless America." This week, more than some others, that last piece was especially touching.
9. Going to a couple more Christmas bazaars. At one of them I received a free nerve scan of my back from a chiropractor. My experience in the past with a chiropractor wasn't especially beneficial. I learned that the chiropractor I talked to today is a Maximized Living Chiropractor. After looking at the website, this sounds more up my line than what I have experienced in the past.
10. Gratitude for my faith which helps me feel hopeful and helps strengthen my courage to stand up and speak out for what is right.