Friday, February 25, 2022

Ten Things of Thankful

Here are a few of the things that came to mind as I experienced this past week. What about you? I am sharing mine in a post that I am linking to the blog hop Ten Things of Thankful hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not.



1. Church meetings

For most of the Pandemic I have watched church meetings via Zoom, but last Sunday I am thankful that I was able to attend in person.


2. Perfectly peeled hard- boiled eggs

For some reason the chance of me being able to peel a hard-boiled egg perfectly is often a catch-as-catch can result, but one day this week the shells slipped right off just as I hoped. The end result was a perfectly smooth oval egg instead of an egg looking like it had been scarred by chicken pox.


3. Christmas cactus taking time to bloom even though a couple of months late


White blossoms of Christmas Cactus


4. Another helpful customer service representative

Earlier in the month I shared an experience of talking with a helpful customer service representative after we had been victims of fraud. This week I received an email about some rewards earned at a pharmacy we use. There was just one thing wrong, I didn’t make the purchases, and the store where the purchases were made was almost 2,000 miles away and the purchases had been made that very morning I read the email. There was no scam or fraud involved, but instead there was an error made by an employee who merged two rewards accounts apparently assuming there had been an error on their part when a customer who had the same name as me made a purchase. The customer service representative unlinked the accounts while we talked and he contacted the manager at the store where the error had been made to let him know what had happened so the employee could receive further instruction.


5. Spring flowers beginning to bloom outside


Purple blossoms on a
Lithodora  plant clinging
to the stone wall

(The following five items are a continuation of the ABC thankfuls I have been doing this month.)


6. Oboe music 

Click here to listen to the beautiful piece, Gabriel's Oboe played by a renown oboist.


7. Peacemakers


8. Quilts


9. Roses


Even our dog used to enjoy our 
rose patch

10. Safety

This has been in my mind and heart this week as I have prayed daily for the safety and well being of those caught in the midst of conflict and war in other countries and for those trying to escape to a safer place.


Vic and family and friends 






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful.

    I am also praying for the peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel when it's boiled. Buy your eggs at least two weeks before you plan to boil them.

    We are also praying for peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that tip. I did not realize that the fresher the egg, the harder it is to peel them.
      There are so many good and faithful people in the world and it is so good to see how many are united in wanting peace in the world.

      Delete
  3. #10. So much!
    My brother and his wife are going through a horrible time with the IRS who sent them a check for $80,000 that wasn't theirs. It's been a nightmare with zero customer service and having to pay their accountant to explain to the IRS while hoping the IRS doesn't seize their bank accounts because they now say my brother and his wife OWE them $80,000 (the check was sent back a couple of months ago, certified mail, but they are "behind six months" on processing things like that. Glad you have had great customer service experiences!
    We don't have any spring flowers just yet, but it won't be long. There are shoots up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like such a stressful thing that your brother and his wife are going through. I hope that they will have some reassurance soon that the check was received.

      Delete
  4. yeah, I agree, while zoom was convenient when needed (in a Jetson's sorta way, even fun) the in person experience is preferable.

    excellent dog (in the photo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clark.
      Yes that dog left us with so many memories.

      Delete