Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Six Sentence Stories - Redemption

Denise of Girlie On The Edge's Blog is the host of this blog hop, Six Sentence Stories - Redemption.  A story written in only six sentences with the inclusion of the prompt word for the week are the requirements for writing a Six Sentence Story on your blog. After that just click the link to add your story and also read the other stories people have shared. Come join in the fun.


A very peaceful karesansui
garden at the
Portland Japanese Gardens


If I hadn’t thought it was important I wouldn’t have mentioned it, but in retrospect maybe I should have presented it so he would have thought it was his idea and not something I was trying to cram down his throat. By the shocked look on his face, I knew I had hit the nail on the head by bringing up something I had placed figuratively into my broken heart.

You may be right about that since he may have thought what was done was done, and let’s just get on with life, not even knowing the extent of the harm that had been done.

Do you think I should apologize, like I was the one at fault, or shove the memories back into the recesses of my brain again like it was some kind of an aching treasure trove to keep forever?

Only you can answer that and only you can anticipate some of the harm or the good that might come from your response, but each relationship has its moments of seeing through the “glass, darkly.”* The roads of apology, forgiveness and redemption often converge again, leaving one humbled and a little wiser because the experience.


*1 Corinthians 13:12






10 comments:

  1. A thoughtful Six, Pat. The final sentence particularly appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The roads of apology, forgiveness and redemption often converge"
    very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that final sentence says so much, beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good reminder that the past is never done until there is repentance and forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reflective Six, Pat and a good lesson.

    ReplyDelete