Sunday, November 28, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

How quickly the months and years fly but it is never to late to acknowledge the good things, whether minute or mammoth, so here is my list of Ten Things of Thankful. Thank you again, Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not for hosting this blog hop and for all who join in whether as readers or as those who share their own thoughts as a post or in comments to those who have linked up to the blog hop. 

Morning sunrise

1. Going for my Wellness Exam

I thought I was going in for my yearly physical, but learned that Medicare covers a yearly Wellness Exam, which is quite different. It was not exactly what I was expecting, but, yeah, I'm normal.


2. A helpful and knowledgeable worker at a hardware store

Being able to hand some parts to a worker and just say I need some more of these, without having to indicate sizes was very beneficial. (I had figured out the size, with the help of my

husband‘s knowledge, but when I told the worker the size, that wasn’t the number the store had in their system, so I was glad I had the parts available to hand him.)


3. A Thanksgiving meal that didn’t require hours to prepare and met dietary restrictions for the most part


Baked salmon for the main dish


4. A Zoom gathering with our family on Thanksgiving


5. Options when trying to avoid crowded shopping conditions

The bigger the store, the bigger the parking lot, and on the day before Thanksgiving, that can be problematic for the person just needing to get just a few forgotten items. A local health food store with a much smaller parking lot was a better match for what I was trying to avoid and to get.


6. Missing hitting the five old tires someone lost off their vehicle, or purposely dumped on the hilly less traveled country road where I was driving

In my younger years I would have pulled into a nearby driveway and tried to move the tires off the road, but I knew that wasn’t a feasible thing for me to do, so I had no option other than to weave through them all the while hoping someone wasn’t coming the opposite direction over the hill since I had to go into the oncoming lane to get around the tires.


7. The two men who had just finished moving the tires off the road at the point I was returning home

I was concerned about that return route for fear of meeting another driver trying to avoid hitting the tires. I was glad that I could thank them for moving the tires.


8. For prayers across the miles when there is no way to give the kind of physical help that we once could give


9. A little touch of Christmas in the home

We are just keeping it simple with tiny trees, nativities, and battery operated candles for this week, and a wreath on the door in a few days.


Nativities and a small Christmas tree


Small Christmas tree

10. Music and all those who have composed and written pieces that have touched our hearts over so many years

Two years ago after my mother passed away, our family gathered to prepare for her funeral a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. When Thanksgiving Day came, our family was spending time with in-laws, but we were not forgotten. The idea was presented to create a shared Spotify Thanksgiving Playlist of songs that have bound us together throughout the years. We played it again this year. It is never to late to create new traditions!


As always, I am thankful for Vic, our family and our friends. That also includes the friends I have made through blog hops!




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. It's so good to return here (I always did FTSF but sometimes also TTOT) and see you still here! Those wellness exams are so good to have, and to be over with, and with everything hopefully going well.
    And those prayers across the miles really are felt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoyed reading your post on FTSF, but when life got kind of crazy, I had to cut back on my blogging reading time and posting. I still try to do the TToT, but sometimes don't even make it here each week which I regret. I am always thankful though.

      Delete
  2. We have a hardware store in town where you can walk in with a screw and say you need another one just like it, and they will find it and sell you literally one screw and not make you buy a whole bag that you won't need. Those big box stores can't give that kind of service!
    My daughter would have preferred your Thanksgiving entree over our turkey; she's not a fan of turkey, but she sure is of salmon!
    I like your decorations! Understated and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, that can certainly be a problem in some of the big box stores if their employees haven't had a lot of experience using the products. This time I was thankful I was able to get the exact number needed and not have to buy a whole bag.

      Delete