We were thankful my husband wasn’t going to have go back another day so she could try it again, unlike a previous visit when his veins just wanted to stay hidden and deep. I am sure the phlebotomist was just as thankful too.
2. A break in the rain so pest control didn’t have to reschedule their appointment to take care of the box elder beetles getting ready to hibernate
3. Senior discounts and remembering to ask if a company offers them so we can take advantage of the savings
Note: Many companies do offer senior discounts, but they are not obliged to tell their customers that they do.
4. Receiving a link to a YouTube video of a recent high school choir concert in which one of our granddaughters sang
She lives in another state and we were unable to attend in person.
5. The beauty of trametes versicolor (turkey-tail fungus)
growing on a old tree stump
6. The growth of licorice ferns on a mossy oak branch
7. The flavor of licorice
8. Prayers and blessings
9. Keeping things simple
10. Vic, family and friends