Friday, October 8, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

Are you ready to express a bit of gratitude? I hear tell that Dyanne over at the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop is waiting for us to share what we have for this week. She is the host of this blog hop and puts the link up each and every week. If some of you have been thinking, I should do that, why don't you surprise her. By the way, you might enjoy some of her other posts on her own blog with the creative title of Backsies Is What There Is Not.


1. Being able to watch General Conference on TV this past weekend and the many reassuring messages I had just finished hearing that enabled me to remain pretty calm in spite of the sudden turn of events right afterwards (See #2.)

2. Being able to call 911 and have them arrive quickly and confirm that my husband DID need to go the ER to find out what was causing his severe pain 

3. Being able to get some answers and both of us being able to return home without him having to spend the night in the hospital trying to pass kidney stones


4. Relief from his pain a couple of days later. . .sooner than what sometimes happens in cases like these


5. The herd of deer who come by every day and are doing a great job of keeping our grass mowed now that all the brown grass has conceded to the green grass rising to the top


6. Seeing a comment on FB about cooking spaghetti squash a different way than how I usually cook them, because I had just bought one earlier that same day. . .love those serendipitous things that happen


Pixabay

7. Learning that it is so much faster to cook a spaghetti squash in some type of an electric pressure cooker

Just wondering. What is YOUR favorite knife to use when cutting an uncooked hard-shelled squash?


8. Finally overcoming the hesitation I have had in even using the electric pressure cooker, even though in the past I have done a lot of canning using a stove-top pressure cooker 


9. Receiving a good report on my yearly appointment with the ophthalmologist and that for the first time ever my finger didn't trigger when I was trying press the button each time I saw a light flash when I was taking the field of vision test (Before whenever I took this test, my finger would sometimes press the button when I hadn't seen a light.)


10. That I realized before I walked from the car into the eye clinic that I was wearing my light rain slicker inside out and was able to save myself from an embarrassing moment

(I only became aware of that because I couldn’t seem to find my pocket which I knew had to be there somewhere. The lining and the outside of the slicker are identical in color and fabric, so I hadn’t even noticed in my haste to get to my appointment on time.)


10+ Vic, our family, friends, and future friends







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful list. My heart goes out to your husband, i hope he is done with kidney stones soon and for good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mimi. He actually doing much better now. Just has some follow-up appts.

      Delete
  2. Number 10! boo yah! we avoid an unnecessarily embarrassing correct from the nearest fashion police. Total full-on Grat Item.

    (For my part, I now regret having two pairs of light brown loafers.)
    lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clark. I am guessing one pair of the loafers is a tad different in appearance. I remember sometimes putting on a pair of similar looking shoes in the dark and not realizing until later, that one was actually a dark navy blue and not black as I had intended to wear. Live and learn, and turn on the light.

      Delete
  3. Oh, dear, kidney stones are not good! My brother gets them frequently, and sometimes, they do the procedure that shatters it, and sometimes, they say he will have to pass it the ordinary way. Neither are fun. Hope Vic is feeling better and this is the last time he has to deal with them!
    I do not like squash. I have tried many kinds, and I just don't like it. Well, except for pumpkin, but then I'm a sissy and will only eat the canned kind.
    We have an instant pot, but I don't use it very often. It is awesome for cooking a whole bunch of chicken breasts to be frozen in 2 cup portions and used in other recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that he doesn't have a repeat of his experience either!
      Some types of squash actually make really good tasting pies that taste just like pumpkin pie. Butternut squash is one of makes a great pie.

      Delete
  4. So glad your husband found relief from his pain sooner than expected. I'm also glad your eye doc appt went well. I've never used a pressure cooker, but my parents did use a stove-top one for years until theirs broke down and they couldn't find one anywhere anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Astrid. I still have my original stove top pressure cooker, and am pretty sure it still works, but lifting the jars from it would be quite a challenge for me now.

      Delete