1. I thankful I can prune my ficus trees. Today was the day. I really didn't wake up thinking that was what I would do today, but I've learned that when I feel the need to do something, have the desire, and the energy, it's the best time to do it. A few years ago we were the recipients of a couple of ficus trees. They weren't too big at the time, but they really like our house and they do put on quite a bit of growth each year. Even though we have vaulted ceilings, we didn't really want trees that grew to the ceiling. For a long time, I didn't even realize they could be pruned. A couple of years ago I found some videos on youtube that showed ways to do it. I also just got brave, and thought, what's the worst thing that could happen. I started pruning, and took care to protect the floor from the oozing sap from the limbs where I pruned, hence the little pieces of white paper towel stuck here and there on the tree. After a while the towel pieces can be removed when the sap clots, for lack of a better word.
|Ficus tree after being pruned (paper towel pieces stuck on limbs where it was pruned)|
|The crocuses are blooming and the bees are happy.|
|Grapes are ripening.|
|Criterion apples are starting to sweeten.|
|Waist-high garden planter|
4. I'm thankful for the amazing clouds I've seen this past week. The one I saw on my way to the town yesterday, when I didn't have my camera with me, of course, was a cloud like I'd never seen. I would have turned around and gone back to the house to get my camera, but I'd promised my husband I'd be back to the house with a pizza before the big game started on TV. By the time I got home the cloud had moved far from view, and no doubt was either hidden by other clouds, or had changed somewhat in shape. After some google searching, I discovered a link that shows the kind of cloud I saw. It was a cumulonimbus cloud about 3/4 the height of the top left-hand photo in the link.
5. I'm thankful for finding that after using the blog hop tracking form I made, it really has made my life a little less stressful. Some of you who do a lot of blog hops may be able to keep everything straight in your mind each week, but that has been a challenge for me.
6. I'm thankful for new discoveries, even if it is something as little as actually seeing an arrow showing you that if you turn it that way, it really does do what you'd been told it would do. I always feel just a little bit dumb when I make discoveries like this. It is one of those DUH moments.
7. I'm thankful for actually having some ground-soaking rain this week. Oh, how the plants have needed that. Hopefully there has been enough hard rain in some of the areas with wildfires in the northwest to give the firefighters hope of being able to put the fires out.
8. To know that something I said as I respond to blog hop prompts may have been of help to someone is really rewarding. I'm thankful for those kind of experiences.
9. I'm thankful I am now able to walk longer on the treadmill and use the exercise bike longer and on a more difficult setting. After walking outside the past couple of days on our property, I realize that I'm still not really as stable as I'd like to be on uneven ground. Everything in a season and a time. . .
10. I'm thankful for my husband's help without even asking if I needed his help. Today, he just hopped up and took over as I was attempting to clean the kitchen floor. He saw a way to help, and just did it.