Last week I'd hoped to link up to this blog hop, Ten Things of Thankful, hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not, but with all my wishing it just didn't seem to be a possibility. There are times in life when we don't live up to the expectations of others or even ourselves, but that doesn't mean we have to give up trying, so here I am again. The good thing was I actually did make a list last week, so the thoughts were there, they just didn't get shared so others could read them. Perhaps you have done something similar. What does your Ten Things of Thankful list look like this week?
|Oregon Swallowtail butterfly|
on a butterfly bush
1. That I didn’t try to walk through a screen door again like I did the week before causing me to pop out the lens of my glasses and bending the frames
2. That the mechanics that removed some dead mice and the nests they made in our car during those incredibly hot days we had did a fantastic job of locating and removing them from areas I couldn’t access and then cleaned our car and disinfected it
NOTE TO MICE: When it is 117° F outside, going inside a car that is parked in an unshaded area is a deadly decision to make.
3. An enjoyable visit with our son and his daughters at our home over the July 4th weekend
4. Granddaughters being willing to do some things for us that are difficult to do at this point in our lives (hand weeding and washing the solar panels)
5. Being able to play a game of Scrabble with our son, even though we both thought the letters we were getting were probably the worst we had ever drawn and was a Scrabble game not worth remembering
6. Being able to schedule an appointment sooner than later in order to try to get some answers
7. Vic’s out-patient surgery on one of his knees went well, so maybe he can put off the knee replacement surgery for a while and in the meantime be able to move around more freely and enjoy life more fully.
8. When all the medical supplies and kits on hand are missing the two items that you hadn’t even considered as items to have included in case of emergency and you remember a friend who is a nurse who is able to come at a moment’s notice
9. Anticipating a visit from one of our college age grandsons who is coming tonight
10. Safe travel for loved ones especially when traveling in places with extreme heat