Saturday, July 10, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

 Last week I'd hoped to link up to this blog hop, Ten Things of Thankful, hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not, but with all my wishing it just didn't seem to be a possibility. There are times in life when we don't live up to the expectations of others or even ourselves, but that doesn't mean we have to give up trying, so here I am again. The good thing was I actually did make a list last week, so the thoughts were there, they just didn't get shared so others could read them. Perhaps you have done something similar. What does your Ten Things of Thankful list look like this week?


Oregon Swallowtail butterfly
on a butterfly bush

1. That I didn’t try to walk through a screen door again like I did the week before causing me to pop out the lens of my glasses and bending the frames


2. That the mechanics that removed some dead mice and the nests they made in our car during those incredibly hot days we had did a fantastic job of locating and removing them from areas I couldn’t access and then cleaned our car and disinfected it 

NOTE TO MICE: When it is 117° F outside, going inside a car that is parked in an unshaded area is a deadly decision to make.


3. An enjoyable visit with our son and his daughters at our home over the July 4th weekend


4. Granddaughters being willing to do some things for us that are difficult to do at this point in our lives (hand weeding and washing the solar panels)


5. Being able to play a game of Scrabble with our son, even though we both thought the letters we were getting were probably the worst we had ever drawn and was a Scrabble game not worth remembering


6. Being able to schedule an appointment sooner than later in order to try to get some answers


7. Vic’s out-patient surgery on one of his knees went well, so maybe he can put off the knee replacement surgery for a while and in the meantime be able to move around more freely and enjoy life more fully.


8. When all the medical supplies and kits on hand are missing the two items that you hadn’t even considered as items to have included in case of emergency and you remember a friend who is a nurse who is able to come at a moment’s notice


9. Anticipating a visit from one of our college age grandsons  who is coming tonight


10. Safe travel for loved ones especially when traveling in places with extreme heat





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

8 comments:

  1. These are absolutely great gratefuls. I'm so glad Vic may be able to delay his knee replacement for a while longer now and may have some more freedom of movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Astrid. He seems to be doing better each day. ๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete
  2. Thankful thankfuls for sure. Wow! I hope the mice read your note๐Ÿ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats right! You're in the new sub-Saharan part of the continental US! Amazing temperatures...can't be good for the biome where the year is so not hot and dry.

    Good to not walk through screen doors.

    (Ola did that once... running full speed and jumping the last six feet through the door at the downstairs deck. Fortunately she was only surprised and not hurt.)
    Trust the same in your case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd wait until old age to try walking through a screen door. HaHa I don't recommend it. I was fortunate not to suffer any injuries, other than a very tiny scrape on a knuckle.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful thankful things, i am also glad you weren't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did something similar to your screen door mishap myself, but I was being silly and looking through the glass in a door and forgot about my glasses and smushed them into my face when I tried to press my nose against the glass.
    I sure hope your mouse invasion is over! I understand them looking for shelter when it's cold, but I never expected that kind of thing to happen in the heat of summer. I sure hope there was only the one in my car, but how do I really know? May have to have someone look at the car and see if any holes need to be patched or mousy bodies removed!
    How nice to have your son and family visit and do some things around the house to make things a little easier for you both.
    Have you ever played Bananagrams? I find I enjoy it more than Scrabble, possibly because I'm much better at it than I am at Scrabble! My son and I love the game, but husband and daughter don't like to play it with us because we're annoyingly competitive at it :)
    I don't know if you or Vic have gone the knee replacement route yet, but I do know that everyone I know who has done it (including my sister in law just a few weeks ago) have said they wish they had done it sooner, as the pain from recovery is much, much less than what they were suffering with before the surgery. Hope Vic's treatment goes well and that you get some answers for yourself and a treatment plan soon!

    ReplyDelete