Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Six Sentence Story - Identity


Are you ready for a writing challenge? Try this. Write a story using only six sentences. Now see if you can use the cue word in your story. If you have a blog, post it on your blog and  then link it to Six Sentence Stories - Identity hosted by Denise of Girlie on the Edge's Blog. Did you notice that cue word IDENTITY? I hope to read your story there if you just can't resist that challenge.







At times he was haunted by what had been and he just couldn’t believe the possibilities that could become his reality.

What’s the use, he thought, too many people know what I did and hate me for it, and others of them would think I was a traitor.

Some of his former friends had walked away refusing to go down the same wormhole he’d taken, and now after getting wind that he was trying to give up a few of what they referred to as his bad habits, they just couldn’t envision the transformation that was in the process, however bumpy a road that would be.

It wasn’t until he saw an old buddy who had dropped out of college about the same time he did and now displayed none of his quondam behaviors, and even when someone had pointed him out his physical appearance was barely discernible, not until then did he realize that people really can experience a transfiguration of sorts.

Back then they had both been searching for something without even knowing exactly what and each stumbled along on different paths not realizing some of the dangers that awaited them.

When he had been convicted of identity theft, he didn’t realize the price he would have to pay to discover his own true identity, and how it would eventually be worth more to him than silver and gold.

13 comments:

  1. Love how your last sentence wraps this story up in a full size sheet of irony. Perfect.
    The "road" to self improvement is often a lonely one however, I believe that persistence does have a pay off.
    Excellent Six.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're both tuned to the same station on 'the Muse Channel' lol
    though I might prefer yours as more hopeful in it's conclusion...

    excellent wordage: quondam. (had to look it up... nice)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That word was a new discovery for me, and I had to listen to it being said a few times. Certainly not something I have heard in everyday conversation.

      Delete
  3. Really good. I like the message (at least the one I got.)

    Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone kind of gets their own messages from reading the posts to the SSS blog hop. I'm guessing you may have gotten the same message as my own.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic six, Pat! It's too bad some people have to learn the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Is there anyone who exits this world without learning a few, or a lot, of things the hard way?

      Delete
  5. At least he learned. Some never do. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cool story, the logical consequences fitting the crime. Good luck to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Life's lessons are often learned the hard way. All actions have consequences.
    And hey, I learned a new word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth! I actually learned that new word just trying to write this SSS. Now we see how long I'll retain it in my memory. :-)

      Delete