1. Realizing that the book I pulled off my shelf to read for no reason, one I perhaps hadn’t read in its entirety ever, turns out to be exactly what I needed to read
When I received a text asking if I could sub in a Sunday School class this Sunday, I realized after reading the lesson that the book I’d started reading the day before was exactly what I needed for my added understanding of the subject. I don’t think this was an accident.
2. Caring people and those who step up to bat when there is a need even when it may not be convenient
3. Being able to quickly realize why I experienced sudden pain at the corner of my eye and vowing not to ever allow that to happen again
I’d applied some over-the-counter pain medication on the back of my neck. The directions said to wash one’s hand after applying the medication, so I did. We had a guest soon afterwards, and as we were talking, I rubbed the back of my neck to relieve some discomfort, and then I rubbed the corner of my eye. As soon as I did that, I felt intense hot pain in that area of my eye. It took me a minute or so to realize that I should not have rubbed my neck where the medicine was and then touched the area of my eye! After googling, I found out that 15 minutes of flushing my eye with warm water would give me the relief I was wanting. Word of warning: medicine which has a component of chili peppers in it should NOT EVER touch the eyes AND read the warnings on the box first.
4. Seeing benefits of working Sudoku puzzles
After finishing working on some tax preparation papers, I told my husband that some of what I’d been doing reminded me of working Sudoku puzzles such making sure the numbers were in the right little boxes.
5. Classical music playing in the background while studying or doing anything that requires high concentration
6. Some sunshine poking through the clouds and rain that was falling most of the week
The solar panels have missed you.
7. NWS and TripCheck so those traveling know when it is best to return home sooner rather than later and not get caught in the impending snowstorm in the mountains
8. Mostly bare pavement on the roads where my husband traveled homeward bound today
I am so glad that he is home safe and sound.
9. The moments in time that we remember because of what we learned either in that instant, or in retrospect
10. Being able to finish what I start, and continuing to work toward completion of those things that are not finished, but recognizing that some things need to be put on the back burner at times to address more important things that arise