Saturday, February 2, 2019

Ten Things of Thankful

This has been a week of fluctuating feelings of gratitude, meaning that somedays I felt so thankful and on other days it was difficult to pull my mind away from the pain in my body that just wouldn't leave me alone. I know that I am not alone in these challenges, and I also know that those of you who participate in this blog hop called Ten Things of Thankful know the value of writing about the things for which you are thankful. Others probably stop by from time to time to see what we have to say, and are cheered up a bit just by recognizing how often it is that the very simplest of things that can help a person feel gratitude.

Our host is Kristi of Thankful Me who puts a link up each week so that we can have a landing pad for our posts. Click the link and see what others have to share this week.



 

The predicted weather changed for the better
  • After days of thick fog, the fog lifted and the sun shone all day when people would be traveling to a memorial service


Visiting with old friends after we  had gathered to remember the life and example of our friend who passed away


Last year’s calendar that shows all my doctor appointments


Discovery that all the homes or apartments where I have ever lived are still there with the exception of one farm home which was not in very good shape when I lived there as a young child 


A friend who thought of me when she decided to part with a lined woolen skirt because it no longer fit her


Spa music like this one by Peder B. Helland




My mother who noted dates and places on the backs of photos or on pages in photo albums years ago


Drives through the countryside


Overlooking the green farmlands
of the Willamette Valley in Oregon


Seeing two beautiful, mature bald eagles on the ground feasting on their prey while several immature bald eagles were waiting their turn (Unfortunately there was no place to pull over to take a photo.)


A friend who joined me on a walk at a wildlife refuge one sunny day

Last and first of all, my husband who brings laughter and joy daily to my life



6 comments:

  1. that is always an interesting exercise, (Item 4)... especially the places from the earliest of times, the ratios and proportions are almost always out of sync with memory.
    our weather is beginning to moderate as well plus...plus! the days are still light at nearly 5 o'clock in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The proportions are way out of kilter. The houses seemed a lot bigger to me when I was living in them as a child.
      I like it much better when it is still light between 5 and 6 pm.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you're in pain. Not easy to ignore.
    A lovely omen the sun shining on the day of your friends memorial service.
    Oh, I so wish the old family pictures I have had dates and places on them. You are very lucky :)
    The countryside looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Denise. I know many have had, or are still having, their own bouts with pain.
      Seeing all that dense fog in the days before the memorial seemed so ominous, and I so wanted the family to have better memories of being together that day. It turned out perfect!

      Delete
  3. Lots of thankfuls for personal history, so very nice.
    wendy from picnicwithants.com

    ReplyDelete