Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Six Sentence Stories - Fear

Fear abounds throughout the world and perhaps it was only a matter time that this blog hop would choose to address the subject. Denise Farley of Girlie on the Edge's Blog is the host for this blog hop. I dug into my memory bank for ideas. I'm linking my story to the Six Sentence Stories - Fear





She knew that it was time, and she probably thought she could find her way without someone leading her there, especially a child.

Used to finding a familiar path to get her places, she no doubt presumed the paths came with her when she was relocated.

She hadn't anticipated the separation from her kin, although she'd seen instances of it.

Becoming cantankerous and a bit bossy indubitably gave rise to her less than charming name.

As she lowered her head and dug in her heels, her long, curved horns were level with the eyes of the fear-struck child in front of her.

Although she retained her name, her manner was one of meekness after her weapons were removed later that day.



Link



16 comments:

  1. cantankerous and a bit bossy...you must be reading my mail! HA.. Good six.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cantankerous and bossy only takes you so far when you have no way of enforcing your will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for using the word "indubitably", lol. Have always loved that word, both written and spoken but rarely read or hear it used.
    You did a very nice job writing from the animal's point of view. Made me sad though.
    Good Six Sentence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm glad that you liked my use of that word. I'm not sure I have actually ever used it before using it in this blog post.
      I suspect there isn't much of a market for this type of writing now, of writing from the point of view of an animal, but I wanted to give it a try for this post.
      There were many times when I considered how an animal might feel under the care of their owners, and there were times when I was sad about things that were done, but which I had no control over as a child.

      Delete
  4. To 'para-borrow' from Alice, "After a lifetime of learn the path, one expects them to be there, no matter where they live'.

    Good Six, indubitably.

    *combining paraphrase and borrow (and make up entirely) from a literary character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clark.
      Your * explanation made me laugh, and it certainly fit with this story.

      Delete
  5. This is a totally different perspective that you have chosen and a well executed one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two who knew fear, the cow and the child. The dilemma of the horns. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always enjoy reading from an unexpected point of view. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, did Bossy move with you from CA, or did she move from one farm to another once you arrived in Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She lived elsewhere here before we got her. The only animal I remember coming with us to Oregon was a cat who freaked and ran away as soon as we arrived.

      Delete