Monday, December 26, 2016

Share Your World - 2016 Week 52

This is my last post that I will be linking to Cee's Share Your World - 2016 Week 52 in 2016!  I love the questions and sentence completion she gave us.  By the way, the questions, sentence completions, or lists we are given change from week to week.  These are not meant to take a lot of time answering.  Usually something comes to mind fairly quickly.  If you enjoy blog hops, consider joining in with this one.

Here are my responses.

1.  What's your favorite ice-cream flavor?  As a kid, I would have answered Neapolitan because there weren't that many ice cream flavors available then, and Neapolitan came with three flavors.  Now however, in the age of plenty, there is hardly a limitation of anything, ice cream included, so narrowing it down to one favorite flavor is really difficult.  Here are some favorites of mine:  lemon custard, maple nut, mint chocolate, and strawberry cheesecake.

A summertime favorite - peach shortcake with vanilla ice cream

2.  If you were to treat yourself to the "finer things" what would you treat yourself to?  A finer thing, would actually be the finest thing, and that would be to be able to bring joy to my Mother who lives in a nursing home and has advanced Alzheimer's.  I would love to be able to treat her to a day trip in a large comfy transport vehicle that has a handicapped accessible bathroom in it, large windows at a level that would enable her to see the beautiful scenery outside, a driver that is used to transporting people in her condition, and a couple of aides to assist her.  Of course I would want to travel with her so it would feel like the two of us were going on an outing together and it would make her happy.

A couple of "finer things" that would  turn into "finest things" if they could include a family member would be tickets and travel expenses to attend an André Rieu concert, or an Andrea Bocelli concert, or a Nathan Pacheco concert, or a David Archuleta concert.  You get the picture by now.  Ideally, these concerts would need to be at least on the same side of the country where I live.  In the meantime, youtube is great.  Below is a youtube video showing two of my favorites singing together.



3.  Have you ever been drunk?  No.  I have only had liquor to drink a few times in my life.  I didn't like it, and didn't think it was good for me.  I have not had any liquor since 1971 when I joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

4.  Complete this sentence:  My favorite supposedly guilty pleasure is. . .sleeping later than usual in the morning when I wake up feeling tired, and when I do not have any early morning obligations.

Optional Bonus question:  What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?  For this optional question I refer my readers to my Ten Things of Thankful post that lists things for which I am grateful from the previous week.  Click here to see my list.

4 comments: