Saturday, March 20, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

Here's hoping that all of you have had a good week. This morning I was sure I would be linking up to this blog hop much earlier in the day than now, but I finally made it.  This is my weekly post to Ten Things of Thankful, hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not.


I am thankful some of these daffodils decided to
bloom even though some of their bulb mates didn't
have a chance when fir branches dropped on their
 portion of the plot during the recent ice storm making
it impossible for them to push upward through the soil
against the weight of the branches.


"Bad news" - Finding out our tractor wouldn’t start on Monday

#1Good news - The guy who repairs our tractor could come today and take a look at it.  He was able to start it fairly quickly, and told us what to do if we had the problem again. So thankful he was able to take care of this with just a simple “house call” plus not charging us an arm and a leg.



#2Good news - Finding an old cassette tape one of our daughters made early in her freshman year of college to tell us about what she experiencing (Long distance phone calls were very expensive then, so in an attempt to still hear her voice and she ours, we used tape recorders and cassette tapes to lower the telephone bills some of the time.)

#3Good news - Finding and ordering a cassette to MP3 converter player recorder so I can make copies of the above tape to give to our daughter and her siblings

"Bad news" - The computer didn’t recognize the new device even after I watched and read multiple instructions online and did what they said.

#4Good news - In desperation (not sure why I didn’t consider this sooner), I shut down the computer and unplugged it and waited a minute before plugging it back in. Restarted the computer and woo-hoo! It recognized my device.

#5Good news - The questions I have about using Garage Band, which I had never used, are being answered as I learn to phrase my questions just right in my Google searches and will help me complete the project.

#6Good news - Having a friend who recently tackled a similar learning experience with transferring a cassette tape to MP3 to CD, and sharing what she learned as she worked on her project


"Bad news" - learning that a muscle relaxant that seems to have fewer side effects than those I have tried using in the past is only available by prescription (I was afraid that would be the case, but I called the pharmacy just on the chance it might be an over-the-counter item.)

#7Good news - My doctor has an available time this coming Monday to see me and decide what she thinks is best for me to try next.


#8Good news - A grandson is one step closer to reaching his goal to becoming a doctor and just got word of his residency on Friday.


#9Good news - A granddaughter just got another acceptance letter from a college to which she has applied. 


#10Good news - Not all good news comes in the way of giant leaps forward, but in recognizing the progress one is making, even if it requires taking a step back and starting over again and giving oneself grace.


I am thankful for Vic and each person in our family and for those who feel like family, and I am thankful for my Ten Things of Thankful community.





You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

5 comments:

  1. A very thankful filled week! I've one cassette from daddy and I need to transcribe the reverse side before something happens. Thanks for the reminder. My word program has dictation so I may try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good List and really enjoyed 'the presentation'.... (amazing, isn't it for how many ways one can come up with sharing a list of grats?)
    ...some people be, hey doesn't it get boring, 10 item list on gratitude each week?
    No ma'am
    You have shown us how it's done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good things, and i am a big fan of zen technology repair. Most tech things can be coaxed into working properly by applying the principle of turn it off, chill out and relax for a moment and allow it to do the same, and then turn it back on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful list and terrific format! Love that our doctor kids got their matches on Friday! You've had a great week of figuring things out and getting them done, including new technology! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #10 is my favorite!!!! It has taken me years to learn that!

    ReplyDelete