Saturday, March 13, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

Spring is on its way in some places, and this week there has been more evidence of that. Beginning tomorrow with the onset of daylight savings time the evenings will be lighter longer, which I personally enjoy at the stage of life. Well on with the purpose of this post which is to link a post to the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop hosted by Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not.


Lavender Starflower dotted with raindrops

1. Squeaky wheels (Sometimes one needs to be one and other times one needs to be reminded to do something because someone else is the squeaky wheel.)


2. Sharp hoes and sharp knives that make some tasks easier (thanks to my husband)


3. Being able to get a new car radio (Much has changed in the industry over the past 17 years, so there is a little bit of a learning curve here.)


4. Humorous moments in the midst of normal married life (We had some of those moments this week. Both of them had to do with not being able to find objects. We each had a turn. Ha Ha)


5. YouTube classes (I missed a Zoom watercolor painting class during the recent ice storm and accompanying power outage and finally picked up my supplies this week and watched a YouTube video so I will be able to do the watercolor painting this coming week.)


6. The Six Sentence Stories post that grew (I not only posted about a few things that my great great grandfather experienced during his life, but added his experiences as an audio story on the Family Tree app, something I had been wanting to try.)


7. Grown children who humor their mother (After seeing photos of our children in a group text today, I commented, “How fun is this! Now we just need to hear the laughter all around and it will be a reunion.” They made that happen with a bit of their recorded laughter. Ha Ha)


8. Neighbors and friends who watch out for one another


9. Salt-free blends of seasonings


10. Vic and being able to grow older together




You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good, return to something of normal week.
    Gots to love the technology, no?
    (the modern car radio is, imo, like the modern tv* very clever at appearing new and more capable....)

    *I suspect that no one calls it a tv anymore... oh well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clark. I had to laugh about your *remark. I have often thought the same thing, when I mention the TV.

      Delete