Thursday, May 28, 2020

Six Sentence Stories - Right

Well, we, by choice, are still not traveling much more than before a couple of weeks earlier, but that doesn't mean I can't do some via the written words in this blog hop post. Denise of Girlie on the Edge's Blog continues to provide just the right cue each and every week. This week it is Six Sentence Story - Right.


This is taking a lot longer than I thought it would and this road isn’t looking at all like I remember it from years ago. Why don’t you grab those directions Scott gave me and see if there are any familiar markers, like the pavement ends and the road narrows considerably, or hang on boulders ahead!

Are the directions in the glove compartment or are they in the pocket of your jacket on the back seat?

If I remember correctly, I gave the paper to you this morning when we were getting packed. Maybe you laid it down when Jean called you about the same time to answer our questions about the cabin.

Multitasking usually isn’t a problem, except when I am walking around talking on the phone, and now that we are lost out in the middle of nowhere, a long ways from any cell coverage, I do wish we would come upon a rancher or cowhand to steer us in the right direction. 

10 comments:

  1. Getting lost is the worst! You feel so helpless. Good six. very visual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Fortunately, the only place I really ever felt completely physically lost was in the House of Mirrors at the fair when I was perhaps eight years old. HaHa

      Delete
  2. Most of the time i do not mind getting lost. Generally speaking, it's an adventure as i am still in the same country, and usually state, and even city i meant to be in. Also, i am willing to ask directions.

    For these two, i do hope they run into someone who can set them on the right direction soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Mimi. I have always viewed it the same way, as an adventure.
      I hope the characters in the SSS run into someone who can point them in the right direction.

      Delete
  3. Remember the days when we kept maps in the glove compartment? Not sure they would help here, but I suppose they could somewhat. Hope they find their way soon. Great six!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The typical road map probably wouldn't have helped much in this scenario, but I'm guessing they eventually figured out the best plan (even if it wasn't their first plan) given their circumstances.

      Delete
  4. Multi-tasking! You make an excellent point. I once believed I had mastered the multi-task being none the worse for it. Not! lol Distraction always sneaks in. Getting lost is frustrating however, it often holds potential for new discoveries :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not so much that you don't know which way is home, it's alway the question, "Does this road bring me closer or farther away."

    good Six

    ReplyDelete