Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Six Sentence Stories - Gulf

As I approached writing this six sentence story I decided to keep it short and sweet, well maybe not so sweet, but definitely short. I am linking my post to Six Sentence Stories - Gulf.  Denise of Girlie on the Edge's Blog is the gracious host of this blog hop.



Do you think throwing this in would help?

If I am understanding you correctly, perhaps, but better not add too much.

I just want them to know what I am making here.

The reports coming in sound like they are confused by what you are telling them.

How much plainer should I say it?

It’s up to you, but I hear some are already falling into the gulf of misinformation.

14 comments:

  1. I'd request special dispensation for the repeat use of a comment this week*, the answer: they have forgotten that the world is a mirror.

    * to my reading you and Mimi have a similar vibe or whatever the word for Six-sympatico would be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading your comment I read Mimi's post and then realized that Susan's comment fits perfectly. 🙃

      Delete
  2. "I just want them to know what I am making here."
    Great line. and don't we all just want that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One could take your six several different ways. Love posts that make me think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until I saw Clark's comment above, I didn't realize that there were different ways of interpreting this. Now it is making me think. :-)

      Delete
  4. No matter how "plainly" we speak or write, once the words are there, often there's no telling how it's "interpreted". Personal filters can't always see the "plain" from the plain :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both went for short this week, I see.
    The gulf of misinformation--good use of the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting six. Got my gray matter scrtiching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just speak from the heart and tell your truth. No time for dilly dallying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, there are undercurrents and riptides in that gulf! Tread carefully and save your strength.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Certainly we all want to be understood. Sadly, the trouble is that too often we don't work hard enough to understand. Good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete