1. Reminders of the importance of every single human life. We attended a funeral recently of someone we have known over two/thirds of our lives. He touched many lives and he and his wife went about doing good. It was touching to see how many people from many places came to remember him and support his family.
2. Recognitions of people who have accomplished what would have seemed to be the impossible. I attended a surprise party to recognize Wendy Garrett who has overcome a lot these past few years.
3. Discovering another relative thanks to utilizing some information I learned about GedMatch at RootsTech recently. Since finding her, I learned some information that I would not have known had it not been for some sources she had.
4. Celebrating a 90th birthday of a friend. A few of us met for lunch and to celebrate a special friend's birthday.
5. Getting an estimate on some pruning of trees on our property. The pruning will be done next month.
6. Knowing of the well being of family and friends via texts, phone calls, and messenger this past week, as they traveled, faced difficult situations, were concerned about hospitalizations of loved ones, facing bad weather, etc.
7. Getting a haircut. After some time of letting my hair grow and watching it become bushier and harder to control, I opted to go back to the shorter style. I had to laugh when the woman cutting my hair said after trying a couple of hair products on one part of my hair, "It's just going to do what it wants to do." I was hoping the experience would be a little more helpful, but instead she said she was going to go home and google it. (Actually I'd already tried that and hadn't found anything helpful.) So, my hair has a mind of its own, and now it has been confirmed.
8. There was a Women's Conference at my church on Saturday celebrating the anniversary of the Relief Society. This women's organization is 176 years old. I appreciate all the work and preparation that was made to truly make the program one to be remembered.
9. Getting the tax papers (ours and Mom's) ready to turn in to the accountants. I'm always glad to have that project done.
10. Observing short-eared owls about 50 miles south of here. These owls have been observed in a particular location for a couple of months now, and my husband has been able to get some great photos of them. I went with him one day recently. It was a beautiful day for a drive and for me to see what he had been observing first hand.