We made a trip this past week to see one of our daughters and her family in the state south of us. We drove this time instead of flying, and my husband went with me. (The last time I went to see her, I fell and broke my arm, and he had to take a plane down to be with me. It was a much more enjoyable trip this time around.)
1. Invitation to see the California poppies in all their glory.
|A field of California poppies|
2. Time to spend with my daughter. Because of the wind and my need to stay shaded from the sun as much as possible, I kept covered up as much as possible, otherwise my hair would have looked like the 'featherdo' of the bird.
|East African Gray-Crowned Crane at the Los Angeles Zoo|
3. Different terrains.
|Black Butte cinder butte|
4. Freshly picked artichokes from the garden. I'm amazed by our daughter's green thumb.
5. New games to play. We learned to play Five Crowns, a rummy type game. It was lots of fun! Of course, we did play more than one Scrabble game as well. I'm thankful for our children who tolerate, and I think enjoy playing this game with me.
6. A visit with my brother on the way home. We got together at the Pizza Factory in the area where he lives. I'm going to have to see if there are any Pizza Factory restaurants in our state.
7. Being able to see my great grandchildren and their parents. We had not been able to see them the last time we were in the area, so this was a special time to be with them. Taking family group pictures can sometimes be like this.
|giraffes looking all different directions at the Los Angeles Zoo|
8. Going to a JetHawks minor League Baseball game with our daughter and son-in-law. It was a very pleasant evening to watch a game.
9. Great food throughout the trip!
10. Fun, fun, fun, and relaxation, relaxation, relaxation with my husband and family!