Saturday, September 18, 2021

Ten Things of Thankful

It has been a busy week, but I am grateful for  all that I have been able to learn and experience this week and for the connections I have had with people far and near. Although most connections were not in person, they meant a lot to me. I hope that you are feeling thankful too. Dyanne of Backsies Is What There Is Not is the host of this Ten Things of Thankful blog hop. Be sure to click the link to learn more about it.

1. Having the stamina needed to tackle computer issues this week, some of which just required relearning a few things I once knew but hadn’t used for a while or had been typically doing them on the Mac instead of the iPad such as the following:
  • How can a person switch from horizontal view to portrait view on the iPad?
  • What is the procedure to send a document to a printer from an iPad by using the printer app?
  • How can all the sources for an ancestor in your Ancestry.com tree be transferred to the same ancestor in your familysearch.org account?
  • How do you take a screen shot on the iPad? Although I had only done this by accident a few times, I never knew exactly what I had done to take that screen shot. HaHa
  • I  also learned for the first time how to send a graphic document from my iPad using the printer app. 
Some of the answers were found in the manual (imagine that!), others in YouTube videos, and in one instance through a little trial and error. It is nice to know that I am still able to learn and relearn things.


2. Finding a site that sells shoes that will be a comfortable fit for my husband’s feet


3. Measurable rainfall last night and this morning

We only had a trace of rain in June one day and then a heavy mist one morning in August. Perhaps the dream I had at the beginning of the week of the grass on our property turning green again will become more than just a dream.





4. Having a very low gutter on the back side of our home makes cleaning it a very easy job as well as a safe one which I was able to do a couple of days ago in anticipation of the rain that was forecast.


5. A package of very lean bacon

When someone brought us some fresh-picked green beans this week, I was able to buy this package of bacon at the store later that day. IMHO, nothing tastes better with green beans than some diced bacon pieces thrown into the pot with them. The BLT sandwiches are quick and easy and delicious too.


Very lean bacon 


6. The sound of turkeys gobbling and a surprising adventure

Occasionally in the past we have had some wild turkeys go traipsing through our property, so when I heard their sounds off in the lower portion of our property, I decided to stop my watering of some shrubs to sneak up on them and take a photo. First I asked my husband to step out and listen to the sound to see if the sound we were hearing was that of wild turkeys. We both agreed that was what we were hearing, so off I went to try to sneak up on them. Image my surprise when I discovered the source of the sound wasn’t turkeys, but two grey squirrels  which explains how quickly the sound was changing from one area to another, without any sound of the fluttering of wings. HaHa. Note: In the YouTube video link at about 1:24 and at about 6:46 the squirrel is making the sound that we thought sounded like turkeys. 


Living proof that we have seen
turkeys here in the past
and that green grass can grow
with the help of some rainfall

7. Zoom meetings

Having the option of watching gatherings via Zoom or webcasts that I don’t  feel safe to attend is a real blessing considering the rising cases of the Delta variant.


8. The clerk who carried a heavy, awkward package to our car from the FedEx location where it was being held

We had taken a luggage cart to use, but he was able to just carry it out of the store and to our car faster than it would have taken us to navigate the cart through the store. (Apparently FedEx doesn’t like driving up our lane, so we had to tell them to hold it at a nearby FedEx location.)


9. Hearing good news from different family members this week that Covid tests taken were negative


10. Feeling like I am kind of on a vacation when I receive wonderful photos via text messages

This week I was in Alaska via photos sent with a text message.


An extra thankful for my husband, our family, and our  friends






You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

  1. Excellent sounding week.

    We tend to have turkeys work their way through the yard, but not on any predictable schedule. Haven't seen any this year. It'll be interesting what they think of the new, open-field look to some of the woods.

    #1 The hardest thing (for me) when trying to do something new (or forgotten) is overcoming the anxiety of losing all the information stored in the drive.
    ...even though I have two separate forms of back up

    lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have kind of wondered how the ice storm we had last year was going to affect all the wildlife here. It is kind of hard to tell yet, since we don't see them every year, and then there is the fact, we just may be we haven't seen them even though they were some place on the property. So far we haven't seen any turkeys this past year, at least not that I remember.
      Yes, that anxiety that comes at the very thought that one has ALL their files, all the photos, etc. even though. . .can be pretty intense.

      Delete