It is that time again, time to reflect and give thanks. I am linking this post to the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop currently hosted by Kristi of Thankful Me. This is a weekly event for many and even for those who are unable to link up each and every week, they usually are taking note of those things for which they are thankful. It can be a life changing practice.
1. Being able to get the paper shredder jam cleared thanks to several applications of shredder oil in the jam area
I was more than a little concerned when the jam occurred because I have so many more papers to shred. This new shredder has really been given a workout and although it is able to handle a single feeding of quite a few papers, I apparently overdid it.
2. Discovering the container where I had placed a lot of larger sized family photographs a number of years ago
The container wasn’t hidden, but it was on top of a book cabinet in a storage room, along with other things, and I hadn’t noticed it. Sometime this past year I was wondering what had happened to a certain photograph, and thought one of the kids had it, but they said they didn’t. The photo below was taken during Christmas break in 1973 and as you can see I was very pregnant with our third child.
|Photo taken at the Los Angeles Temple Visitors Center|
3. Green Tomato Quiche
The two green tomatoes, a zucchini and part of a large onion from my produce box this week were among some of the ingredients in this easy-to-make dish. I had never made a crustless quiche, nor one that called for green tomatoes before and I was pleasantly pleased with the results.
|Crustless Green Tomato Quiche|
4. For all the firefighters who are battling the grass and forest fires in many places
It is a difficult job and they are lacking man power and equipment, but are trying their very best to put out the fires.
5. Freedom to choose, to think, to believe, to discern, and to hope
6. That I didn’t have nightmares after reading just prior to going to bed
Winston was sitting in front of the rat cage and beginning to hear the dialogue about what the rats would do. (1984)
7. The lesson that I learned about facing what I thought was going to happen but actually didn’t
If I had listened for perhaps a minute longer, I would have realized the horrible scene I was expecting in #6 didn't take place.
8. Brief sprinkles
It has been very dry here, so although the sprinkles were brief, it was very refreshing.
|The Hot Lips Salvia are enjoying the refreshing rain.|
The photo below was one of the ones I came across this week. It was taken in my dorm room the evening our engagement was announced to some the girls in the dorm where I was living.