1. That our children have opportunities to travel and become acquainted with those living in countries other than their own and to visit in person some areas of our own country that they have never seen
2. For being able to get the piano tunedIt was hard to believe, but it had been four years since we last had the piano tuned, so it was long overdue.
3. That I didn't hit the bloated dead skunk laying on its back in the road today
When you are approaching the crest of the hill on a narrow two-lane road with no shoulders alongside, and there is a dead skunk just inside the center line on your side, you just hope for the best. Thankfully the best was what I got. . .just the scraping sound of its toenails against the tires, and a hint of aroma for a mile or so.
4. That it wasn’t the chassis of my car in the parking lot this week that a squirrel with an acorn in its mouth chose to ascend
5. For seeing the unexpected from a safe distance
One morning this week when the dew was still on the grass I looked out and saw this three-point and his harem of seven. I went upstairs to see if I could get a better view of him to take his photo. As the herd rounded the house, all but the three-point got spooked and started dashing here and there. (I thought perhaps the light from the camera scared them.) They ran away, but not him. He came charging up the hill right under the window where I was standing inside taking the photos. I took one photo of him when he was even closer, but unfortunately it was sort of blurry. He looked right at me, like "Leave my girls alone." I suspect if I'd been outside that close to him he would have charged me.
6. For blessings given for healing, comfort and encouragement
This week my mother received a blessing of comfort, and even though she is unable to hear, I believe that some things are felt in the heart through the Spirit.
7. For help that is only a phone call away
8. For my brother and his counsel and thoughts regarding our mother
9. For a phone call from a nephewI appreciated his call and his concern.
10. For Vic and his encouragement, understanding and love
11. For those who have been blessed with beautiful voices and are willing to share their voices with the world
Sissel Kyrkjebø was a guest performer at a concert with The Tabernacle Choir this past summer. She sings like an angel.